The XAT is a national-level administration entrance test held by XLRI, Jamshedpur, for admission to MBA/Post Graduate Diploma programs. Notwithstanding XLRI and ten other XAMI part organisations, roughly 1,000 Business schools acknowledge XAT results for admission to their postgraduate administration programs. The test incorporates 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. XAT cut-offs for XLRI’s PGDM-BM programme are typically 95 percentile for male candidates and 92 percentile for female candidates.
XAT 2023 Notification - Important Events
The exam notification has been released for XAT Examination 2023, and the following are the Important Highlights.
- The examination registration window commences on 10th August 2022 and closes on 30th November 2022.
- The test is set to take place on 8th January 2023, and the expected date for result declaration is 31st January.
- The examination registration cost is Rs 2000.
- The test would be divided into four sections: Verbal Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge.
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
To be eligible to take the test, you must first meet the following XAT qualification criteria:
- Candidates must have a four-year college education of at least three years in any field from a recognised college/ University.
- Students in their last year of a four-year college degree or expecting their results are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- There are no minimum marks required to give the XAT test.
- Working professionals and those with advanced degrees (CA/CS) are also eligible to apply.
- The XAT 2023 eligibility criterion to sit in the test is perhaps the easiest of all the National Level MBA admission examinations.
XAT Registration 2023
The announcement for the XAT 2023 Examination is already out, with the exam set for 8th January. The registration process is conducted online in six easy steps at the XAT 2023 official website. Registration for the XAT test 2023 is open from August to November 2022. Along with XLRI, other MBA institutions also take test scores.
Initially, the XAT exam was paper-based, but since 2018, it has been computer-based.
Steps to fill out the form of XAT 2023
The XAT registration procedure is the initial step in taking the exam. To register for the exam, candidates must fill out the XAT application form and pay the required costs. The registration and application procedure for XAT 2023 is summarised below:
- Access the XAT 2023 website at www.xatonline.in
2. Click ‘New Registration’ and fill out the necessary information.
3. The candidate receives a unique XAT ID and registration link on the validated email address.
4. To confirm your registration, click the link.
5. Go to the XAT 2023 site and click the ‘login’ button.
6. To access the application form, enter your email address and password.
7. Fill out all of the required fields on the XAT 2023 application form.
8. Re-check the information before submitting details.
9. Pay the XAT 2023 application fee with a credit or debit card, UPI, or online banking.
Note: Candidates may choose up to four cities on the XAT application form. Based on availability, the testing authority will provide an exam centre to a candidate in the city selected as their first option. The allotment will be made in the next city of preference if a seat is unavailable at the first city’s test centre.
Institutes that Accept XAT Scores
XAT is a popular B-school entrance exam. Hence it is considered a qualifying criterion in the following B-schools
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- IIFM- Bhopal
- Prin L.N Welingkar Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- LIBA – Chennai
- XIME – Bangalore
- Acharya IOM Bangalore
- Amity Noida
- BIMTECH Noida
- Christ College Bangalore
- Gitam School of International Business- Vizag
- Great Lakes IEMR Gurgaon- PGPME
- IFMR Chennai
- IIRM Jaipur
- IMDR Pune
- IMT Hyderabad
- IMT Nagpur
- IPE Hyderabad
- ISB&M Pune
- ITM Navi Mumbai
- NDIM Delhi
- N.L Dalmia Mumbai
- PUMBA Pune
- SDMIMD Mysore
- SIES Navi Mumbai
- XISS Ranchi
XAT Exam Day Guidelines
For a stress-free exam day, XAT candidates must follow the criteria established by the examination administration. The following are some important XAT exam day recommendations that applicants must follow:
- Arrive at the exam centre 1 hour before the scheduled reporting time.
- Bring no electronic devices, such as a cell phone, watch, or calculator, to the exam centre.
- Do not bring any stationery or food to the exam centre.