Download e-Books for CAT Exam
|Quantitative Reasoning PDF
|Introduction to Basic Graphs PDF
|Reading Comprehension PDF
|Time, Speed and Distance PDF
|Functions and Graphs PDF
The finest option of learning resources for CAT exams is CAT books. The textbooks that are suggested by professionals must be consulted by those getting ready for the CAT 2023. The internationally acclaimed CAT study guides provide practice problems and in-depth explanations of each subject. Additionally, you should have a thorough study strategy, a manageable schedule, and CAT practice tests as part of your CAT exam preparation. Some students prefer to study independently using Best Books for CAT Preparations, while others use coaching facilities that provide comprehensive instruction and the finest study materials. The most crucial step, regardless of the strategy you choose, is to consult study materials, including the top books for the CAT test.
Best Books for CAT Preparation
The best books for CAT preparation exist both online and in print, but picking the best ones might be difficult. We have created section-by-section lists to assist applicants in selecting the finest CAT books for test preparation. But before you cut down the books, we advise that you develop a CAT preparation plan.
CAT Books For Quantitative Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha
This Pearson textbook focuses on understanding fundamental concepts for both basic and complex applications. The unique selling point of this textbook is that it was authored by a CAT Coaching and Training expert who graduated from IIM Lucknow.
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
The Tata McGraw Hill publication of this textbook by Arun Sharma is particularly well-liked among CAT hopefuls since it is so straightforward to read. This book’s unique selling point is that it provides three levels of difficulty for each subject, assisting students in their preparation not just for the CAT but also for other tests.
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma
For individuals hoping to enrol in the IIMs, it is a comprehensive book. Due to its clear and specially crafted information centred on CAT, it serves as a one-stop resource both for those with and without prior knowledge of mathematics.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
Both MBA students and job seekers who must study for aptitude tests will find this book to be quite thorough for numerous competitive examinations.
Verbal Ability Best Books for CAT Preparation
- High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
For those wishing to enhance their grammar, it is a sacred text. It aids in understanding and conceptualising many grammatical concepts, making it a necessary book for anybody with weak verbal skills.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
It is a textbook to use every day to increase your vocabulary rather than a book to read. This textbook will make sure that you are well prepped for WATs, GDs, and PIs even if it doesn’t directly affect your verbal ability score.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension For The CAT by Nishit Sinha
This book from Pearson offers more than just a complete language skills resource. Numerous assessments are also included, along with essential methods and procedures for problem resolution. It is among the greatest books on the subject you can find.
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay
Individuals who desire to improve their verbal & reading comprehension should study this book. Comprehension, verbal skills, and verbal reasoning are three central topics covered. It offers enough practice and simulated exams for self-evaluation.
- Read books from different genres
The best way to increase your language skills is to read a lot and in a variety of genres. This makes sure that when reading comprehension is required, you are well-versed in a variety of writing genres and subject matter.
|The God of Small Things
|A Brief History Of Time
|The Hard Thing about Hard Thing
|War & Peace
|First Among Equals
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Books For CAT
- Data Interpretation by Nishit Sinha
This book offers sufficient exercise and helps readers improve their data interpretation abilities. Other competitive test preparations might also benefit from it.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit Sinha
Under the mentioned area, this book includes both basic and advanced concepts, which are discussed with the use of worked-out examples, hypothetical cases, and activities to complete.
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT book by Arun Sharma
All facets of interpretation of data and data sufficiency are covered in this book. It offers and emphasises refining our computations to get a competitive advantage using DI. You may get exam papers from prior years, model questions, and more in this book.
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT book by Arun Sharma
The subjects for the CAT and other entrance tests’ logical reasoning section are completely covered in this Tata McGraw Hill book. After each concept is introduced with solved examples, which are then followed by a set of questions to answer with varying degrees of difficulty.
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
R.S. Agarwal’s cat book begins by addressing the most fundamental reasoning problem since it is easy to comprehend. Logic, assertions, assumptions and arguments, inferences, conclusions, courses of action, logical puzzles, etc. are some of the numerous areas that it is divided into.
Sometimes the study materials provided by coaching centres are insufficient. Students search for secondary sources to study diverse themes in verbal ability and reading comprehension, logical reasoning and data interpretation, and quantitative aptitude. The CAT 2023 question set is impossible to predict. However, you may practise CAT question papers from prior years to get a sense of the typical sorts of questions answered throughout the test. Aspirants must also consult supplementary study materials and publications suggested by professionals to cover the extensive CAT curriculum. The Best Books for CAT Preparations are listed above.
Download CAT Previous Year Question Papers
- CAT 2021 Question Paper
- CAT 2020 Question Paper
- CAT 2019 Question Paper
- CAT 2018 Question Paper
- CAT 2017 Question Paper
Other CAT Books
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Gautam Puri
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Ananta Ashisha
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay /Arihant
- 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary Mass Market Paperback – Wilfred Funk & Norman Lewis/ Simon & Schuster
- How to Prepare for Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability for the CAT – Sharma and Upadhyay
- PSC for VA for CAT – Nishit
- CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – Gautam Puri
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT – Nishit K. Sinha
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency – Ananta Ashisha
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT – Arun Sharma
How to Select Books for CAT 2023 Preparation?
In order to succeed in the CAT examination the first step is choosing the relevant study material. One should pick up the best books for CAT preparation (available in the market / online). To select the best books for your CAT preparation, do the following:
- Follow the advice of the experts in selecting the books
- Pay attention to the recommendation of books by the CAT toppers
- The toppers from IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calcutta recommend section-wise CAT preparation books
- If you have enrolled with some coaching institute for CAT preparation, let your mentors and teachers guide you
- You can also research online and purchase the books with the best reviews
How to Prepare with CAT Exam Books?
You should make short-term (weekly) and long-term (monthly) targets for the CAT preparation. In the weekly timetable keep a fixed period for studying. For the monthly target, calculate the number of months left for the exam, and divide the days accordingly between completing the syllabus and revision. Start with the books related to the subject in which you are least proficient. Once you are immersed in the preparation you will gain confidence.
As you grasp the subject, move on to other books. Following the schedule complete your syllabus. By now you must be familiar with the examination pattern and the difficulty level of the question paper. Start solving previous years’ question papers, sample papers, and taking mock tests online. This will make you realise your shortcomings, and also make you more proficient and confident.