As updated on July 15, 2017
You have accessed our app ‘Unacademy Educate’ and/or ‘Unacademy Learners’ (together referred to as the “App”) and/or our website www.unacademy.com (“Website”).
The domain name, Website and the App is owned, registered and operated by Sorting Hat Technologies Private Limited, a private company incorporated under the (Indian) Companies Act, 2013, bearing CIN U72200KA2015PTC082063, and having its registered office at No. 353, 12th 'A' cross, off Double Road, Opp. City Centre Residency, Indiranagar, 1st stage, Bangalore 560 038, Karnataka, India, and its corporate office at No. 202, Jayalakshmi Apartments, Krish, Domlur, Near Suryanarayana Temple, Bangalore, 560 071, Karnataka, India (hereinafter referred to as “Unacademy” or “ us” or “we” or “our” or “Company”).
- an educator, contributing User Content; and/or
- a person, consuming/ utilizing the User Content created by an educator.
- Unacademy Plus follows a strict no-refund, no-cancellation policy. Once the payment for a course has been made, it won’t be refunded unless the course is cancelled due to the unavailability of the Educator appropriated to conduct the said course for a minimum of 80% of the entire course schedule.
- Unacademy Plus reserves all rights to make any changes in any course including test series schedule/test writing days and timing etc., if the need so arises.
- The lessons made available on Unacademy Plus can be streamed live/recorded on the Website for a period of 1 year only, following which the video will be automatically deleted and access to the same permanently shut down.
- The User must avail a minimum of 3 Mbps speed internet connection for optimal usage of Unacademy Plus.
ELIGIBILITY TO USE
Use of the Website and/or App is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors (persons below the age of 18 years), un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website and/or App. As a minor if You wish to use the Website and/or App, such use may be made by Your legal guardian or parents on the Website and/or App. Unacademy reserves the right to terminate Your registration and / or refuse to provide You with access to the Website and/or App if it is brought to Unacademy 's notice or if it is discovered or if Unacademy has reason to believe that You are incompetent to contract within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
Unacademy reserves the right to refuse access to use the Services offered at the Website and/or App to new Users or to suspend and/or terminate access granted to existing registered Users at any time without according any reasons for doing so.
The Website and/or App is an online platform that supports and facilitates the online creation of educational videos/or tutorials, by the Users of the Website and/or App (“Services”).
You may create a video, audio clip or tutorial, by using our Services. Such content developed through the use of our Services or otherwise submitted to us for uploading on our Website and/or App shall hereinafter be referred to as “User Content”.
The User acknowledges that, although the internet is often a secure environment, sometimes there are interruptions in service or events that are beyond the control of Unacademy and Unacademy shall not be responsible for any data lost while transmitting information on the internet.
While it is the Company’s objective to make the Website and/or App accessible 24 (twenty-four) hours per day, 7 (seven) days per week, the Website and/or App may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, routine maintenance. You understand and acknowledge that due to circumstances both within and outside of the control of Unacademy, access to the Website and/or App may be interrupted, suspended or terminated from time to time.
The Company shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website and/or App, including, but not limited to, the User Content, hours of availability and equipment needed for access or use. Further, the Company may discontinue disseminating any portion of information or category of information may change or eliminate any transmission method and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics. Unacademy reserves the right to refuse access to the Website and/or App, terminate Accounts, remove or edit contents without any notice to You.
The use of the Website and/or App requires You to register as a user mandatorily. Unacademy shall provide the Services to You through the Website and/or App only, if You have created an Account and are registered with us. You shall have to apply for registration as a User to use our Website and/or App. We shall be entitled to ask You to submit certain information (“Account Information”) that shall qualify the eligibility criteria laid down for registration by Unacademy from time to time. The registration, as of now, is open only for individuals and/or institutes that are engaged in the activities of imparting education or are in some way connected with the education fraternity and any other person who we, in our sole discretion, may identify. Such registration is therefore subject to our approval.
You can apply for registration through a valid e-mail ID and password (including but not limited to Facebook, Gmail or Yahoo ID) (“ Account”).
Unacademy reserves the right to ask the User, for more information/ additional Account Information, if necessary. The User may track the status of his/its application by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In any case, if we do not reply to Your application for registration within 30 (thirty) days from the date of Your application for registration, the registration shall deemed to have been been denied and You shall be free to submit a fresh application for registration. It is clarified that the decision of Unacademy, in this case, shall be final and conclusive.
However, Unacademy reserves the right to allow restricted access to the Services for unregistered Users.
You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Account Information and restricting access to Your computer/phone/tablet/any other device to prevent unauthorised access to Your Account. You shall be fully responsible for all activities that occur through Your Account.
- register in Your own name only and all Account Information provided by You will be accurate and up-to-date;
- not pass yourself off as someone else or create multiple and/or false Accounts;
- promptly update any of Your Account Information in case of any change in the same and also update any new Account Information as required by Unacademy to do so;
- not transfer Your membership/registration to another person;
- immediately notify Unacademy of any unauthorized use of Your Account or any breach of security; inform Unacademy immediately if You have reason to believe that Your password is known to someone else or if Your Account is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner;
- log out of Your Account at the end of each session.
Unacademy shall not be responsible for Your failure to comply with the above. You may be held liable for any loss incurred by Unacademy or any other third party due to any authorized or unauthorized use of Your Account and You shall be responsible to indemnify Unacademy for the same.
You can access and administer Your Account by entering the username and password. You can also update Your personal details (including Your Account Information and preferences) by accessing Your Account and making any necessary changes; this will update Your details across all Services of Unacademy.
Unacademy takes no responsibility for any User Content, uploaded by Users on the Website and/or App, and further, the User takes responsibility for his or her own actions in utilizing such User Content, and availing the Services provided.
TERMINATION/SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend Your Account and/or suspend Your access to the Services under the following circumstances, including but not limited to:
- You are in breach of any Applicable Law, that is applicable to You;
- Your use of the Service disrupts our business operations or affects any other party/ User; or
- You have behaved in a way, which objectively could be regarded as inappropriate or is unlawful or illegal or which would bring us and/or Company into disrepute.
We may suspend access to the Services or require You to change Your password if we reasonably believe that the Services have been or are likely to be misused, and we will notify You accordingly. Any termination of Your registration and/or Account or the Services will not affect liability previously incurred by You.
You agree to adhere to all limitations on dissemination, use and reproduction of any materials that You access on the Website and/or App.
We grant You a limited license to access and make use of our Website and/or App, however the following usages are not permitted:
- downloading (other than as expressly permitted), or modifying content or any portion of it, on our App and/or Website, except with our express written consent;
- any resale or commercial use, except as provided hereunder and agreed between Unacademy and You;
- downloading or using other User Content (other than as expressly permitted);
- any collection and use of any content, descriptions; any derivative use of Website and/or App or its contents;
- any downloading or copying of Account information for the benefit of another person. You shall also not post the User Content on any other online or offline medium.
It is hereby clarified that, You shall not download any content from our Website and/or App, unless expressly permitted by Unacademy to do so. This restriction is also applicable on the User Content contributed by You (if any). You can use our Services and view all the content uploaded on our Website and/or App including the User Content contributed by You on our Website and/or App.
You shall solely be responsible for maintaining the necessary computer equipment and/or mobile phone and the necessary hardware and software associated thereto and internet connections that may be required to access and use our Website and/or App and create Your content.
You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Website and/or App and the materials or Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Unacademy. You shall not use any deep-link, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, download, copy or monitor any portion of the Website and/or App, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website and/or App, materials or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Website and/or App.
You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the Website and/or App or Services, You may be exposed to content from other Users that You may consider offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Unacademy disclaims all liabilities arising in relation to such offensive content on the Website and/or App. Further, You may report such offensive content in the manner prescribed under herein.
You are entitled to create User Content by using our Services/ tools/ software. You hereby agree that, before publishing Your User Content, You shall be required to submit a demo video to Unacademy. Unacademy reserves its right to approve or disapprove the said User, on the basis of such User’s demo video. Only Unacademy approved User(s), can submit User Content to Unacademy, by writing at email@example.com. The User is expressly prohibited from uploading any User Content on our Website and/or App by itself/himself. Unacademy may at its sole discretion publish/ upload such User Content onto the Website and/or App. Further, Unacademy may in its sole discretion, choose to review certain portions of a User Content, from time to time. It is hereby clarified that Unacademy does not review, all the User Content uploaded/ published on the Website and/or App and shall thereby not be held liable for the same. The User shall exercise their own discretion, while choosing to view/ rely on User Content.
For the content created by You and approved and uploaded by Unacademy, You may be paid a fee/ consideration with respect to Your content uploaded on the App and/or Website. The above mentioned payment shall be on the basis of such criteria, deemed fit by Us, and shall be intimated to You, by Us, prior to payment of such fee to You. It is hereby clarified that You shall not become entitled to any fee/ consideration on the basis of upload of User Content, and such payment shall always remain at the sole discretion of Unacademy.
It is clarified that such an arrangement shall be valid for that particular User Content only and shall not be an arrangement for all User Content contributed by that User, unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing. The payment may be made by Unacademy, in its sole discretion, may be made in the form of cash or non-cash compensation which shall include but not be limited to discount vouchers, redemption vouchers and the same shall differ on case to case basis. It is further clarified that, Unacademy shall, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to upload such User Content and shall not be liable in any way if such User Content is not uploaded by Unacademy on the Website and/or App for whatsoever reasons.
It is hereby clarified that the Unacademy shall not be held liable for the material, content, or views expresses in any User Content, including but not limited to accuracy of such User Content, infringement of any intellectual property, etc. The User contributing such User Content, shall at all times be liable for the same.
Once the User Content has been approved and uploaded on the Website and/or App, Unacademy shall not entertain any requests to remove such uploaded User Content from its Website and/or App, except in the case of infringement of any third-party rights which is brought to the notice of Unacademy or for any other reason, which Unacademy shall, in its sole discretion, seem fit.
If Website and/or App allows You to post and upload any material on the Website and/or App, and/or You submit such material as User Content for the review of Unacademy, You hereby undertake to ensure that such material is not offensive and in accordance with Applicable Laws. Further, You undertake not to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of other Users or any third-party;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Publish, post, submit to upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information through any bookmark, tag or keyword;
- Submit to upload files that contain software or other material protected by applicable intellectual property laws unless You own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- Submit to upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website and/or App or another's computer;
- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts access to the Website and/or App or the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Website and/or App);
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website and/or App, any other systems or networks connected to the Website and/or App, to any Unacademy server, or to any of the Services offered on or through the Website and/or App, by hacking, password mining or any other illegitimate means;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website and/or App or any network connected to the Website and/or App, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website and/or App or any network connected to the Website and/or App;
- You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User, of or visitor to, the Website and/or App, or any other customer of Unacademy, including any Account not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website and/or App or Service or information made available or offered by or through the Website and/or App, in any way whether or not the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website and/or App;
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Website and/or App, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Website and/or Apps or any affiliated or linked sites;
- Collect or store data about other Users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in this Section;
- Use any device or software to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and/or App or any transaction being conducted on the Website and/or App, or with any other person's use of the Website and/or App;
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- Download any file posted by another User of a Service that You know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is submit for uploading or is uploaded;
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service;
- Violate or breach any Applicable Law or regulations for the time being in force within or outside India;
- Reverse engineer, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the Website and/or App;
- Download or copy account information for the benefit of another User or any other third party; caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Website and/or App and the framing of any other content available through the Website and/or App submitting for uploading, posting, or transmitting any content that You do not have a right to make available (such as the intellectual property of another party);
- any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- any unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, submit for uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting or duplicating of any of the material and/or content is expressly prohibited;
- Post and/or submit for uploading obscene or vulgar materials or use of obscene or vulgar language, or use of abusive, defamatory, profane, or threatening language of any kind;
- Undertake any activity which is not in compliance with applicable Indian and international laws; and
- You may not bypass any measures used by us to prevent or restrict access to the Website and/or App.
Any unauthorized use by You shall terminate the permission/consent granted to You and Unacademy shall, in its sole discretion, suspend/terminate Your registration and the decision of Unacademy shall be final and binding.
You agree that Unacademy may, at any time, alter, modify, suspend or discontinue all or part of the Website and/or App, charge, charge fees for use of the Website and/or App, or offer opportunities to some or all Website and/or App Users and for any reason, without notice or cost.
If you want refund for any contribution or payment you made on www.unacademy.com, contact the grievance officer with relevant details like email, phone number, amount etc with in 7 days of making the contribution or payment and we will process your request in 7 days (excluding public holidays and sundays).
The User Content on the Website, and/or the App, shall be available freely, for all the Users. However, to download and store User Content, via the App, the User shall be required to purchase Credits. The Credits required for downloading User Content, shall be indicated against such User Content.
The User has the option to buy Credits, by using real money in order to download the User Content via the App. The User can purchase such Credits through ‘in-app purchases’ in ‘Google Play Store’/ ‘iOS Store’, as applicable, and shall be subject to their terms and conditions.
Please note that the Credits paid by a User, for downloading User Content, are not refundable under any circumstance. Increase or decrease in the Credits available to a User, due to a technical error, can be brought to Our attention, by writing to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The technical team at Unacademy, shall take suitable measures to correct the above mentioned technical error(s).
Further, please note that Credits have different expiry dates, depending on the type/ package of Credits purchased by the User. It is hereby clarified that Credits cannot be exchanged for real money.
The User agrees and accepts that all nuances and modalities relating to making payment using Internet Banking/ Debit/Credit Cards (“ Virtual Payment Mode”) shall be separately governed by arrangement(s) / terms and conditions between You and the relevant banks. We shall not be responsible, in any manner whatsoever, for any liability that may arise in relation to the Virtual Payment Modes (including any fraudulent transaction).
While availing any of the payment method(s) available on the Platform, We will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transactions;
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction or
- Decline of such transaction for any reason.
You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided Us, is neither a banking nor financial service.
Once the User Content is submitted to us for being uploaded on our Website and/or App, the User is hereby expressly prohibited from uploading and/or using such content on any other online or offline mode or any other parallel media channel, including but not limited to YouTube. If the User, in contravention of this, uploads and/or uses the same content elsewhere, Unacademy reserves the right to request the User to remove such content from such mode. In case where the User refuses to adhere to such request by Unacademy, Unacademy reserves the right to exercise the IPR assigned to it hereunder.
The User may however, upload such content elsewhere only subject to prior written consent of Unacademy.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (“IPR”)
The Website and/or App and the processes, and their selection and arrangement, including but not limited to all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, sounds and music (if any), artwork and computer code on the Website and/or App is owned and controlled by Unacademy and the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, look and feel and arrangement of such content mentioned hereinabove is protected by copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other national and international IPR laws and regulations.
Unless otherwise indicated or anything contained to the contrary, or any proprietary material owned by a third-party and so expressly mentioned, Unacademy owns all IPR to and into the trademark " UNACADEMY", and the Website and/or App, including, without limitation, compilation of all content, software, any and all rights, title and interest in and to copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, designs, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (patent pending), goodwill, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, content, graphics, icons, logos and hyperlinks.
Unacademy expressly reserves all IPR in all text, programs, products, processes, technology, content, software and other materials, which appear on this Website and/or App. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of the content on the Website and/or App is the exclusive property of Unacademy. The mark " Unacademy" and the contents of the Website and/or App are the sole property of Unacademy. Reproduction in whole or in part of the same is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Unacademy.
Except as expressly provided herein, You acknowledge and agree that You shall not copy, republish, post, download, display, translate, transmit, reproduce or distribute any Content through any medium without obtaining the necessary authorization from Unacademy or thirty party owner of such Content.
IPR in USER CONTENT
You hereby understand and agree that any User Content created using the Services on our Website and/or App, shall be uploaded on our Website and/or App by the mechanism stated hereunder. Unacademy shall, in its sole discretion, upload the User Content, which is submitted to us by You.
You shall be free to create Your Content using our Website and/or App in the form of videos, graphics, images etc. However, while doing this, the Users shall ensure that all the works done and published and/or submitted for uploading on our Website and/or App, in any form, shall be the User’s original work and/or the Users shall ensure that they have the legal right to use and/or submit for uploading such work and have the requisite approvals for using and/or permit the uploading such works by us. The Users by submitting such content for uploading imply that they are legally entitled to use and submit such content for uploading.
The User unconditionally agrees that any User Content developed using the Website and/or App and/or submitted to Unacademy for uploading, shall be the property of Unacademy and any IPR authorship rights and all other rights of whatsoever nature, in the User Content, in whatever form or medium, shall vest and remain vested in perpetuity and worldwide with Unacademy.
In case, the User has used any content owned by another party, the User shall obtain prior written consent for use of the same for creating User Consent. Further, the User shall give due credit to the owner of the rights in such content submitted to us to be uploaded by the Users, wherever required.
The Users hereby understand that Unacademy does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any content that the Users may submit for uploading or create using the App.
The User hereby agrees that by creating, submitting for uploading and/or uploading in any form, User Content created by using our Website and/or App or otherwise, the User hereby grants Unacademy all existing and future IPR including all copyrights, moral rights, language rights, and any other intellectual rights, of whatsoever nature, in the User Content, worldwide, in perpetuity, without limitation, exclusive, royalty-free, transferable without any material, financial or territorial limitation and without any payment and/or consideration due from Unacademy, the right to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, adapt, make available online or electronically transmit, and perform the content in connection with Unacademy’s services and Unacademy’s business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the content (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels, commercially or otherwise.
The User represents and undertakes that the User has the requisite IPR in relation to the User’s Content provided and/or submitted to Unacademy through the use of its Website and/or App and has the legal right and authority to provide and/or submit the same to Unacademy for its inclusion on its Website and/or App.
The User undertakes that there are no pending actions, suits or proceeding, existing, threatened, anticipated or pending against any User’s Content.
The User shall not acquire any rights in respect of Unacademy or its group companies’ names, trademarks, designs, patents, patent applications, copyrights or other IPR, including those obtained from third parties under license or otherwise, for inclusion on its Website and/or App.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Website and/or App may contain links to other Website and/or Apps (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Unacademy or the Website and/or App and Unacademy is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Unacademy is not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by You from any Linked Site. Unacademy is providing these links to You only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Unacademy or the Website and/or App of the Linked Sites or any association with its operators or owners including the legal heirs or assigns thereof. The Users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information on their own before undertaking any reliance on such information.
The User shall be solely responsible for its own User Content, and the consequences of submitting for uploading and publishing its User Content on our Website and/or App. To the extent permitted by Applicable Law including without limitation the Information Technology Act, 2000, Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2010 and other applicable regulations of TRAI, the User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Unacademy, its holding, subsidiary, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) the User’s use of and access to the Service; (ii) the User’s violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) the User’s violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that the User Content caused damage to a third party or (v) or arising out of non-compliance with any Applicable Law and rules or regulations related to the User Content or arising from any suit, action or proceeding by any third party against any of the indemnified persons, as a result of or in consequence of any act or omission of whatsoever nature of the User, including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any complaint or loss or damage or claim for compensation arising out of the infringement of third party IPR or for providing incorrect or misleading content.
DISCLAIMERS, WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website, App, the Services and each portion thereof are provided " AS IS" without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent possible pursuant to Applicable Law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Platform, the Services and each portion thereof, including, but not limited to, non-infringement or other violation of intellectual property rights.
Unacademy makes all endeavors to ensure that all the information on the Website and/or App is correct, but Unacademy neither warrants nor makes any representations regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of any data, information, Service or any content available on the Website and/or App. In no event shall Unacademy be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Services; (b) unauthorized access to or alteration of the user's transmissions or data; (c) any other matter relating to the services; including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website and/or App or Service. Neither shall Unacademy be responsible for the delay or inability to use the Website and/or App or related services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Website and/or App, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website and/or App, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise.
Further, Unacademy shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the Website and/or App during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the Website and/or App that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond Unacademy's control.
The User understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website and/or App is done entirely at their own discretion and risk and they will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer systems or loss of data that results from the use of such material and/or data. The internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee that the Website and/or App and its servers are free of viruses or other harmful applications. We recommend that You regularly update Your browser software and use up-to-date anti-virus software to ensure that Your access to the Services is as secure as possible.
Unacademy (including its agents, affiliates and employees) makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, and/or timeliness of any content, information, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the Website and/or App or that the operation of the Website and/or App will be error free and/or uninterrupted. Consequently, Unacademy assumes no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by You on account of the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Website and/or App; and/or any interruption or errors in the operation of the Website and/or App.
You shall accept sole responsibility for and Unacademy shall not be liable for any use of the Services by You or any other third party and the User shall hold Unacademy harmless and fully indemnified against any claims, costs, damages, loss and liabilities arising out of such use.
Unacademy does not and cannot verify that Users have the right or ability to submit to us for uploading their content on our Website and/or App. We also cannot verify the authenticity of the content by our Users, which is submitted for uploading. However, we are committed to removing infringing materials and/or content once an authorized representative of the rights owner properly reports them to us.
Unacademy cannot provide legal advice. However, if any User has questions or concerns regarding its/his rights, he/it may wish to seek legal advice from a specialist. If the User is not sure about the content he/it shall be creating, it shall be in our best mutual interest that the User does not submit such content for our review and desist from uploading the same in any manner on our Website and/or App. Submitting for uploading content that uses someone else’s IPR, without permission could be a violation of the law. If the User has already submitted for uploading any infringed content, we request the User to get in touch with us to remove the same from our Website and/or App without any delay.
Unacademy therefore, provides no warranties, whatsoever, so as to the material of the content or the User’s right to upload and/or submit to us for uploading the content or the authenticity of the content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed in such content submitted to be uploaded by the User.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, indirect, incidental, PUNITIVE, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, WHETHER IN TORT OR CONTRACT OR UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all statutes, enactments, acts of legislature or parliament, ordinances, rules, bye-laws, regulations, notifications, guidelines, policies, directions, directives and orders of any Governmental Authority, statutory authority, tribunal, board or court in India or outside India (“ Applicable Laws”) for:
- Use of the Website and/or App;
- Use of content available on the Website and/or App;
- Creation of User Consent through use of our Services.
We respect third party IPR and actively support protection of all third party IPR including copyrights and trademarks. It is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged IPR infringement. If we receive proper notification of IPR infringement, our response to such notices will include removing or disabling access to material and/or content claimed to be the subject of infringing activity or any other action, which we may deem fit in our sole discretion.
We shall process such infringement claims, which may result in removing the reported content from our Website and/or App. If the content is removed, the User that submitted the content will receive a written intimation to them to know that content they posted on our Website and/or App was removed because of a claim of IPR infringement. We may also provide the Users with the contact information of the person alleging such IPR infringement, and/or the contents and nature of alleged infringement.
If the User that posted the content believes that the content shouldn’t have been removed, the Users will be encouraged to reach out to the complaining party to try to resolve the issue directly and Unacademy shall not be a party to such mutual resolutions between the User and the complaining Party.
Please contact us at email@example.com for any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this Website and/or App.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISPUTES AND GOVERNING LAW
We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If You are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement, You may wish to take court proceedings.
You may be subject to other local, provincial or state and national laws. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of India, Bangalore for any dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement and waive Your right to institute legal proceedings in any other jurisdiction.
We shall be entitled to institute legal proceedings in connection with any matter arising under this Agreement in any jurisdiction where You reside, do business or have assets.
No waiver by us of any breach of these terms shall constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach and we shall not be affected by any delay, failure or omission to enforce or express forbearance granted in respect of any of Your obligations.
The rights and remedies of is under these terms are independent, cumulative and without prejudice to our rights under the law.
These terms are not intended to create and shall not create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any third party.
Unacademy as a leading online education company respects copyright law and intends to provide a world class experience to its users devoid of any copyright infringement. As a corollary, Unacademy requires all of the content creators and educators who publish content on the Unacademy platform to conform to Indian copyright law as well as global standards.
Our User Agreement requires that information posted by Educators as well as Learners must be accurate, lawful and not in violation of the rights of third parties. We have zero tolerance for copyright infringement, and we communicate the same strongly to all content creators as well as users. To promote these objectives, we provide a process for submission of complaints concerning content posted by our Educators or Learners. Our policy and procedures are described and/or referenced in the sections that follow.
Please note that whether or not we disable access to or remove content, Unacademy will make a good faith attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the Educator or Learner who posted the content and/or take other reasonable steps to notify that Unacademy has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation. It is also our policy, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of Educators or Learners who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
Please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. You may therefore want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice or a counter-notice.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
Notice of Copyright Infringement:
Pursuant to provisions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1952 read with Information Technology Act of 2000, Unacademy as an intermediary platform that allows general public to post content has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. Unacademy has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may provide us with a written communication which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your email address, your physical address and telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to Unacademy Copyright Agent as follows:
Email us at email@example.com
Or contact us by mail at:
ATTN: Samad Shariff
Sorting Hat Technologies Private Limited
#215, 2nd Floor, Park Plaza Building,
Double Road, Indiarangar,
Bangalore- 560 038
Our policy to deal with Copyright infringements
We follow a 3 strike policy- Three instances brought to our notice will lead to the educator getting banned from our platform. He also will waive right to any compensation or monetary benefit that he might be posed to receive
- First case of violation- The content is taken down and educator is given a warning and is suspended for a week from making any new courses.
- Second case of violation- The educator is suspended from making any more videos on the platform for a month and all instances of copyright violations are brought down immediately.
- Third violation- The educator is banned from the platform and will be unable to make any more courses in the future.
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice. You may provide a written communication which contains:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- Your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts in Bangalore, India.
Please submit your Counter-Notice to Unacademy’s Copyright Agent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address specified below:
ATTN: Samad Shariff
Sorting Hat Technologies Private Limited
#215, 2nd Floor, Park Plaza Building,
Double Road, Indiarangar,
Bangalore- 560 038
Claims regarding content other than copyright infringement
If you have any complaints regarding any of the content posted in Unacademy for any reason other than copyright violation, then please email your complaints to the following email-id: email@example.com