Talvir Singh is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
1. Which of these moves from the grass root evel? a) Downward communication b) Diagonal communication c) Upward communication d) Lateral communication
Upward communication moves from the grass root level to the higher levels in an organization. Its main objectives are: providing feedback, constructive suggestions, etc.
2. Which of these is not a method for upward communication? a) Open-door policy b) Complaints c) Suggestion boxes d) Scolding
There are six methods for upward communication. They are : open-door policy, complaints and suggestions boxes, social gatherings, direct correspondence, reports and counseling
3. Which of these is the most frequently used channel of communication? a) Horizontal communication b) Diagonal communication c) Downward communication d) Upward communication
. Horizontal communication is the most frequently used channel of communication. It is communication between departments or people of the same level.
4. Which of these is a type of informal communication? a) Reports b) Orders c) Instructions d) Grapevine
" There exists in every organization an informal channel, often called the grapevine, that does not arise out of the organizational needs but is an integral part of the communication system
* The statement is true. Rumors that are all time spreading in any organization follow the grapevine. It follows no setlines, nor any definite rules, etc.