UPSC CSE 2018 PRELIMS GS Part - 8 Q46 to Q50 IAS EXAM Indian Adminstrative ServicesBY: AAKRITI
46. Which of the following led to the introduction of English Education in India ? 1. Charter Act of 1813 2. General Committee of Public Instruction, 1823 3. Orientalist and Anglicist Controversy Select the correct answer using the code given below (a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
Answer.a Explanation: According to the clause 43 of the Charter Act of 1813 the Company had partly undertaken the responsibility of education in India and a sum of one lakh of rupees had been earmarked for the purpose. But no concrete steps were taken in this regard before 1823. The section of the Charter Act of 1813 remained inoperative til 1823.At last in 1823 an official agency, General Committee of Public Instruction (G.C.P.I.) was created to deal with educational matters,particularly the expenditure of the sum of onelakh of rupees. . Thus a state system of education was begun almost simultaneously in all the three Presidencies by about 1823 and continued to expand till 1833.
47. Which one of the following is an artificial lake? (a) Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu) (b) Kolleru (Andhra Pradesh) (c) N ainital (Uttarakhand) (d) Renuka (Himachal Pradesh)
Answer.a Explanation:Kodaikanal Lake, also known as Kodai Lake is a manmade lake located in the Kodaikanal city in Dindigul district in Tamil Nadu, India. . Sir Vere Henry Levinge,the then Collector of Madurai, was instrumental in creating the lake in 1863, amidst the Kodaikanal town which was developed by the British and early missionaries from USA. .The lake is said to be Kodaikanal's most popular geographic landmark and tourist attraction.
48. With reference to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, consider the following statements 1. It is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Labour and Employment. 2. It, among other things, will also impart training in soft skills, entrepreneurship, financial and digital literacy. 3. It aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the National Skill Qualification Framework. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 only (c) 2 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
Answer.c Explanation: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) Apart from providing training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), Training Centres shall also impart training in Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, Financial and Digital Literacy. The Recognition of Prior Learning aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
49. In 1920, which of the following changed its name to "Swarajya Sabha"? (a) All India Home Rule League (b) Hindu Mahasabha (c) South Indian Liberal Federation (d) The Servants of India Society
.Answer.a Explanation:The Home Rule League was renamed to Swarajya Sabha in 1920. Gandhi ji joined this league and accepted the presidentship of there named organisation "Swarajya Sabha".
50. Which among the following events happened earliest? (a) Swami Dayanand established AryaSamaj (b) Dinabandhu Mitra wrote Neeldarpan (c) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay wrote Anandmath. (d) Satyendranath Tagore became the first Indian to succeed in the Indian Civil Services Examination
Graduate in Biology Completed M.Sc. in Zoology Power is gained by sharing knowledge not hoarding it.