UPSC CSE 2018 PRELIMS GS Part 16 Q86 to Q90 Indian Administrative ServicesBY: AAKRITI
86. Regarding Money Bill, which of the following statements is not correct? (a) A bill shall be deemed to be a Money Bill if it contains only provisions relating to imposition, abolition, remission, alteration or regulation of any tax. (b) A Money Bill has provisions for the custody of the Consolidated Fund of India or the Contingency Fund of India. (c) A Money Bill is concerned with the appropriation of moneys out of the Contingency Fund of India. (d) A Money Bill deals with the regulation of borrowing of money or giving of any guarantee by the Government of India.
Answer.a Explanation:Money Bill refers to a bill (draft law) introduced in the Lower Chamber of Indian Parliament (Lok Sabha) which generally covers the issue of receipt and spending of money, such as tax laws, laws governing borrowing and expenditure of the Government, prevention of black money etc. A Bill is deemed to be a Money Bill if it contains only provisions dealing with all or any of the following matters, namely: (a) The imposition, abolition, remission, alteration or regulation of any tax;
(b) The regulation of the borrowing of money or the giving of any guarantee by the Government of India, or the amendment of the law with respect to any financial obligations undertaken or to be undertaken by the Government of India; (c) The custody of the Consolidated Fund or the Contingency Fund of India, the payment of moneys into or the withdrawal of moneys from any such fund; fond er inorogpriation of moneys out of the Consolidated Fund of India; (e) The declaring of any expenditure to be expenditure charged on the Consolidated Fund of India or the increasing of the amountof any such expenditure; (f) The receipt of money on account of the Consolidated Fund of India or the public account of India or the custody or issue of such money or the audit of the accounts of the Union or of a State.
87. With reference to the election of the President of India, consider the following statements: 1. The value of the vote of each MLA varies from State to State 2. The value of the vote of MPs of the Lok Sabha is more than the value of the vote of MPs of the Rajya Sabha Which of following statements given above is/are Correct? (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 Or 2
Answer.a Explanation:The presidential electoral college is made up of the following: 1. elected members of the Rajya Sabha 2. elected members of the Lok Sabha 3. elected members of each state Vidhan Sabha 4. elected members of union territory Delhi and Puducherry) The value of votes cast by elected members of the state legislative assemblies and both houses of parliament are determined by the provisions of article 55(2) of the Constitution of India.
The value of the vote of each MLA of each state is different. It is determined by the average constituency size and 1971 census The value of an MLA of uttar pradesh is highest i.e. 208 The value of the vote of each MP of lok sabha and raya sabha is equal i.e708. The total value of current strength of loksabha MPs is 384,444 and Rajya sabha's (233)total value is 164,964
88. In the Indian context, what is the implication of ratifying the 'Additional Protocol with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)'? (a) The civilian nuclear reactors come under IAEA safeguards. (b) The military nuclear installations come under the inspection of IAEA. (c) The country will have the privilege to buy uranium from the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) (d) The country automatically becomes a member of the NSG.
Answer.a Explanation:India's Additional Protocol for nuclear safeguards has been brought into force after the country handed over the instrument of ratification to the International Atomic EnergyAgency (IAEA) . The protocol supports the sharing of more information between India and the lAEA about nuclear power plants and work with nuclear fuel materials. It covers a list of nuclear facilities that was agreed in 2008 under then- prime minister Manmohan Singh, but its implementation stalled in the last few years of his premiership Having taken power in late May, new prime minister Narendra Modi ratified the protocol on 24 June, and India's ambassador to the lAEA, Rajiva Misra, handed the document to IAEA director general Yukiya Amano on 25 July. From that day the additional protocol was in force
89. Consider the following countries 1. Australia 2. Canada 3. China 4. India 5. Japan 6. USA . Which of the above are among the 'free-trade partners' of ASEAN? (a) 1, 2, 4 and 5 (b) 3, 4, 5 and 6 (c) 1, 3, 4 and 5 (d) 2, 3, 4 and 6
90. With reference to the'Global Alliance for Climate- Smart Agriculture (CACSA)', which ofthe following statements is/are correct." 1. GACSA is an outcome of the Climate Summit held in Paris in 2015 2. Membership of GACSA does not create any binding obligations 3, India was instrumental in the creation of GACSA. Select the correct answer using the code given (a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 only (c) 2 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
THANK YOU: Follow Rate, review and recommend Comment your queries Constructive recommendation is appreciated
Graduate in Biology Completed M.Sc. in Zoology Power is gained by sharing knowledge not hoarding it.