UPSC CSE 2018 PRELIMS GS AS EXAM% to 0100 Q96 to Q100 Indian Administrative Services
96. Consider the following statements: 1. No criminal proceedings shall be instituted against the Governor of a State in any court during his term of office. 2. The emoluments and allowances of the Governor of a State shall not be diminished during his term of office. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer.C Explanation:The Governor is the head of a state just like the President is the head of the republic. The Governor is the nominal head of a state, while the Chief Minister is the executive head. All executive actions of the state are taken in the name of the Governor. He/she is also entitled to certain benefits and allowances, which shall not be diminished during his office term of five years. Article 361 in The Constitution of India states that:No criminal proceedings whatsoever shallbe instituted or continued against the President, or the Governor of a State, in any court during his term of office. No process for the arrest or imprisonment of the President, or the Governor of a State, shall issue from any court during his term of office.
97. The well-known painting "Bani Thani" belongs to the (a) Bundi school (b) Jaipur school (c) Kangra school (d) Kishangarh school
Answer.d Explanation: Bani Thani is an Indian miniature painting painted by Nihal Chand from the Marwar school of Kishangarh It portrays a woman who is elegant and graceful. The painting's subject, Bani Thani, was a singer and poet in Kishangarh in the time of King Sawant Singh (1748-1764). She has been compared to the Mona Lisa.
98. What is "Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD)", sometimes seen in the news? (a) An Israeli radar system (b) India's indigenous anti-missile programme (c) An American anti missile system (d) A defence collaboration between Japan and South Korea
Answer.dC Explanation:Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), formerly Theater High Altitude Area Defense, is an American anti ballistic missile defense system designed to shoot down short-, medium-, and intermediate- range ballistic missiles.
99. With reference to cultural history of India, consider the following statements: 1. Most of the Tyagaraja Kritis are devotional songs in praise of Lord Krishna. 2. Tyagaraja created several new ragas. 3. Annamacharya and Tyagaraja are contemporaries. 4. Annamacharya kirtanas are devotional songs in praise of Lord Venkateshwara. Which of the statements given above are correct? (a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 and 4 only (c) 1, 2 and 3 (d) 2, 3 and 4
Answer.b Explanation:Saint Tyagaraja, also known as Tyagayya in Telugu, was one of the greatest composers of Carnatic music, a form of Indian classical music. He was a prolific composer and highly influential in the development of the classical music tradition. Tyagaraja and his contemporaries Syama Sastri and Muthuswami Dikshitar were regarded as the Trinity of modern Carnatic music.His songs feature himself usually either in anappeal to his deity of worship (primarily the Avatar Rama), in musings, in narratives, or giving a message to the public. He has also composed krithis in praise of Krishna, Shiva, Shakti, Ganesha, Muruga, Saraswati and Hanuman Annamacharya was a 15th-century Hindu saint and is the earliest known Indian musician to compose songs called sankirtanas in praise of the god Venkateswara, a form of Vishnu
100. Which of the following are regarded as the main features of the "Rule of Law"? 1. Limitation of powers 2. Equality before lavw 3. People's responsibility to the Governmemt 4. Liberty and civil rights Select the correct answer using the code given below: a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 and 4 only (c) 1, 2 and 4 only (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Graduate in Biology Completed M.Sc. in Zoology Power is gained by sharing knowledge not hoarding it.