UPSC CSE 2018 PRELIMS GS Part 15 Q81 to Q85 ndan Administratve Serves BY: AAKRITI
81. With reference to the governance of public sector banking in India, consider the following statements 1. Capital infusion into public sector banks by the Government of India has steadily increased in the last decade 2. To put the public sector banks in order, the merger of associate banks with the parent State Bank of India has been affected Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer.c . Explanation:In the FY 2017 the government of India has infused the amount of 35828 cr and government will infuse Rs 88,139 crore into 20 public sector banks through recapitalisation bonds and budgetary support in this financial year 2018, a move aimed at strengthening these banks' lendin g capacity
82. Consider the following items: 1. Cereal grains hulled 2. Chicken eggs cooked 3. Fish processed and canned 4. Newspapers containing advertising material Which of the above items is/are exempted under GST (Goods and Services Tax)? (a) 1 only (b) 2 and 3 only (c) 1, 2 and 4 only (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Answer.d .Explanation: . List of Tax exempted Goods are:- A number of food items have been exempted from any of the tax slabs. Fresh meat, fish, chicken, eggs, milk, butter milk, curd, natural honey, fresh fruits and vegetables, flour, besan, bread, all kinds of salt, jaggery and hulled cereal grains have been kept out of the taxation system. Bindi, sindoor, kajal, palmyra, human hair and bangles also do not attract any tax under GST. Drawing or colouring books alongside stamps, judicial papers, printed books, newspapers also fall under this category.Other items in the exempted list include jute and handloom, Bones and horn cores, hoof meal, horn meal, bone grist, bone meal, etc.
83. Consider the following statements: 1. The definition of "Critical Wildlife Habitat" is incorporated in the Forest Rights Act, 2006 2. For the first time in India, Baigas have been given Habitat Rights. 3. Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change officially decides and declares Habitat Rights for Primitive and Vulnerable Tribal Groups in any part of India Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 and 3 only (c) 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3 |
Answer.a Explanation:The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is a key piece of forest legislation passed in India on 18 December 2006. lt has also been called the Forest Rights Act, the Tribal Rights Act, the Tribal Bill, and the Tribal Land Act . The Baiga are an ethnic group found in central India, primarily in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarhand Jharkhand. The largest number of Baigas is found in Baiga-chuk in Mandla district and Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh.Baiga tribal:s become India's first community to get habitat rights. It was in November 2015 that the authorities began handing over legal titles to this community. Authorities have granted over 9,300 hectares (ha) to about 900 families in seven villages in the Madhya Pradesh
84. Consider the following: 1. Birds 2. Dust blowing 3. Rain 4. Wind blowing Which of the above spread plant diseases? (a) 1 and 3 only (b) 3 and 4 only (c) 1, 2 and 4 only (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Answer.d Explanation:According to the general mode of primary infection plant diseases are recognized as:- 1. Soil borne 2. Seed borne, including diseases carried with planting material. 3, Wind borne 4. Insect borne etc. Direct transmission: - Disease transmission where the pathogen is carried externally or internally on the seed or planting material like cuttings, sets, tubers, bulbs etc. .Indirect transmission:- The pathogen spreading itself by way of its persistent growth or certain structures of the pathogen carried independently by natural agencies like wind, water, animals, insects, mites, nematodes, birds eto. are the different methods of indirect transmissions
85. With reference to organic farming in India, consider the following statements: 1. The National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) is operated under the guidelines and directions of the Union Ministry of Rural Development 2. The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) functions as the Secretariat for the implementation of NPOP 3. Sikkim has become India's first fully organic State. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 and 3 only (c) 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
THANK YOU: Follow Rate, review and recommend Comment your queries Constructive recommendation is appreciated
Graduate in Biology Completed M.Sc. in Zoology Power is gained by sharing knowledge not hoarding it.