Is JEE Main Tough?
JEE Main, one of the most prestigious engineering entrance exams in India, is known for its rigorous nature and high competition. While the difficulty level of the exam can vary from person to person, it is essential to understand the various factors that contribute to the perception of JEE Main’s toughness. Let’s explore this topic further, along with some frequently asked questions.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
JEE Main covers a vast syllabus, including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, based on the curriculum of Classes 11 and 12. The exam pattern comprises multiple-choice questions, and in recent years, it has incorporated numerical value-based questions as well.
Competition and Preparation:
JEE Main attracts a significant number of aspirants from all over the country, resulting in intense competition. The exam requires thorough conceptual understanding, problem-solving skills, and effective time management. Adequate preparation with consistent study and practice is crucial to perform well.
Varied Difficulty Levels:
JEE Main question papers consist of different difficulty levels. While some questions may be relatively easier, others can be challenging and require in-depth knowledge and critical thinking. The difficulty level can also vary across different shifts or sessions of the exam.
Perception and Individual Capability:
The perception of JEE Main’s toughness can vary among candidates. Factors such as individual aptitude, preparation level, and study approach play a significant role. Some students may find it more challenging due to the vast syllabus and time constraints, while others may excel with proper guidance and dedicated efforts.
Watch the video to ace JEE Main in the first attempt
JEE Main Study Tips 2024
To prepare effectively for JEE Main 2024, follow these steps to create a comprehensive study plan:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Set realistic goals and break down the syllabus into manageable sections.
- Create a well-structured daily or weekly schedule to cover all topics.
- Allocate dedicated time for self-study, concept revision, and practice.
- Solve previous years’ question papers and take regular mock tests.
- Identify your weaknesses and work on improving them through focused practice.
- Seek guidance from teachers, mentors, or coaching institutes for difficult concepts.
- Stay updated with the latest exam notifications and any changes in the syllabus.
- Take short breaks between study sessions to maintain focus and avoid burnout.
- Stay motivated, maintain a positive mindset, and believe in your abilities.
- Review and evaluate your progress regularly, adjusting your study plan as needed.
- Practice time management during the exam to ensure you can complete all sections.
- Stay healthy by eating nutritious food, getting enough sleep, and exercising.
- Stay away from distractions and create a conducive study environment.
- Stay consistent and dedicated in your preparation efforts, and remember to take care of your mental and physical well-being.
JEE Main Important Topics with Weightage
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations, and Functions||3-5%|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||6-8%|
|Matrices and Determinants||5-7%|
|Permutations and Combinations||3-5%|
|Electromagnetic Waves and Communication||7-9%|
|Chemistry||Basic Concepts of Chemistry||5-7%|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||10-12%|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||6-8%|
|Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles||7-9%|
Note: It’s important to note that the weightage of topics may vary slightly each year, and it’s advisable to refer to the official JEE Main syllabus for a comprehensive understanding of all topics.
Books for JEE Main Preparation
Preparing for the JEE Main exam requires a comprehensive study plan and the right set of resources, including books that cover the syllabus and provide ample practice material. The JEE Main is a highly competitive examination that serves as a gateway for admission into prestigious engineering colleges in India. To excel in the exam, it is crucial to choose the right books that not only explain concepts clearly but also provide ample practice questions to reinforce learning.
Books for JEE Main Physics
- Understanding Physics by D. C Pandey
- Concepts of Physics (Volumes 1 and 2) by H.C Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Understanding Physics by Freedman and Young
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII)
Books for JEE Main Maths
- Objective Mathematics by RD Sharma
- Algebra by Dr. S K Goyal
- Differential Calculus by Amit M Agarwal
- Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney
- Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH
Books for JEE Main Chemistry (Organic, Inorganic, and Physical)
Other than NCERT Chemistry textbooks (for Classes XI and XII), here’s a list of recommended Chemistry JEE books for mastering the JEE Chemistry syllabus. These books can be used for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced preparation:
For Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
- Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon
- A Guidebook to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes
For Inorganic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry, J. D. Lee
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Problems in Inorganic Chemistry by V.K. Jaiswal
For Physical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
- Wiley Physical Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced) by Vipul Mehta
Also check: Is JEE Advanced Tough?
JEE Main Study Material
Preparing for the JEE Main exam requires a comprehensive study plan and the right study materials. JEE Main is one of the most highly competitive engineering entrance exams in India, and having access to the appropriate study material is essential for success. The right study material not only covers the entire syllabus but also provides practice questions, solved examples, and comprehensive explanations to help students understand and master the concepts.
JEE Main study material includes textbooks, reference books, question banks, mock tests, and online resources. NCERT textbooks for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are a fundamental starting point as they cover the basic concepts required for the exam. However, it is important to supplement the NCERT books with additional study material specifically designed for JEE Main preparation.
JEE Main 2023 Question Papers – Session 2
|Session and Date||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 6 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 6 Shift 2 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 8 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 8 Shift 2 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 10 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 10 Shift 2 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 11 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 11 Shift 2 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 12 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 13 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 13 Shift 2 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|
|JEE Main 2023 Apr 15 Shift 1 – Session 2||Download Question Paper||Download Answer Key|