Also see: JEE Advanced 2022 Question Paper
Smart Study Habits to FollowWhile preparing for JEE Mains, you need to follow several smart study habits to find a perfect balance between your academic life and personal life.
- Define Study Area: Decide an area that is suitable for studying. You must choose the basic things that will be required for studying. For instance, you have a separate area for praying, playing and working. Similarly, you should have an area that will only be used for studying. Make sure that your bed is not your study area because it may make you feel distracted and lazy. You may also feel sleepy if you study on your bed.
- Make a Systematic Study Area: Buy a table lamp and fix it in your study area. Your study area can be your table chair or just a corner of your house. Switch the table lamp on whenever you sit down to study and switch it off when your study time is over. This will help in fine-tuning your brain to study whenever you sit in the study area.
- Have a Limited Session of Study with Breaks: The brain’s efficiency decreases after 45 minutes. Thus, one should take a 10-15 min break during the study session. Walk around the house or talk to your near and dear ones during that time. If you follow this diligently, your efficiency will increase. However, please set targets for yourself.
- Active Learning in Classroom: For active learning in class, you need to prepare the topics by yourself once they are done in the classroom. You can do that in two ways: either you can prepare the topics by yourself or you can actively listen and grasp lectures in the classroom. If you go to the classroom with a blank mind, it will fetch you nothing.
How to Read NCERT?NCERT is the guidebook for JEE aspirants. Without reading NCERT, you can not crack the examination. NCERT is essential for all JEE subjects, particularly Chemistry. You should read it as a textbook and not as a novel. Try extracting maximum information from NCERT. For this, you need to pre-read a chapter before you start making notes about the same. This will fine-tune your mind to know the sequence of the topics and also give you a gist of the important topics. The steps that you need to follow for reading the NCERT Textbook thoroughly are:
- Go through the index section of the NCERT.
- Read the chapter: its objectives, followed by the summary, and intext questions.
- Proceed to the end of chapter exercise. This will help create a structure of the chapter in your brain.
- You need to skim through the important topics present in the NCERT Textbook and make notes.
- Try to make questions out of every subheading and answer them yourself.
- Once you are able to make notes, you can solve all questions that can be created out of a single sub-heading.
- Keep these notes handy while you revise.
- Go through the exercises given in each chapter and try solving them.