Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor o Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate ,Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/KomalaVa i
1. Which of the following received xhibitor of the Year Award, at 106th Indian Science Congress (ISC)? a) ISRO b) DRDO c) DST rdh d) AIIMS
Answer: b) DRDO 106th Indian Science Congres (ISC) held at Lovely Professional University (LPU) in Punjab. V The DRDO Pavilion at ISC was inaugurated on 3rd January 2019. The pavilion exhibited surface to air missile system - Akash, a model of BrahMos missile, remotely operated vehicle etc.
2. Which edition of the Raisina Dialogue has begun in New Delhi? a) Second b) Third c) Fourth d) Fifth
Answer: c) Fourth In New Delhi on 8th January 2019. The Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with Observer Research Foundation is organising the annual geopolitical and geostrategic conference. The theme of the Dialogue this year is 'A World Reorder: New eomeries luid Partnerstijps; Uncertain Outcomes'.
3. Airport Authority of India (AAI) has imposed a ban on single-use plastic items in how many airports across the country2 Uy a) 109 b) 116 c) 129 d) 131
Answer: c) 129 Single-use plastic items like straws, plastic cutlery, plastic plates etc have been banned by AAI Single use plastic items are used only once and then thrown in the trash. Guruprasad Mohapatra is the chairman of Airports Authority of India.
4. As per the Central Statistics Office, the Indian Economy is expected to grow at--% in 2018-19 against 6.7% in 2017-18. a) 6.8 bil b) 7.0 c) 7.2 d) 7.4
Answer: c) 7.2% Central Statistical Office (CSO) released the first advance estimates of National income for 2018-19. As per the CSO, the Indian Economy is expected to grow at 7.2% in 2018-19 against 6.7% in 2017-18 due to improvement in the performance of agriculture and manufacturing sectors. The growth of the manufacturing sector is expected to accelerate to 8.3% this fiscal, up from 5.7% in 2017-18.
5. Who among the following will assume the role of interim President of World Bank? a) Jin Yong Kim. b) Boyko Borisov c)Gunther Oettinger d) Kristalina Georgieva bil
Answer: d) Kristalina Georgieva From 1 st February 2019 The World Bank Headquarter is in Washington D.C
7. NASA's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) have discovered a new planet named ? a) b) c) d) HD 21740a HD 21749b HD 21746a HD 2174%
8. In which place 86th National Billiards and Snooker Championship was held? a) Indore b) Chennai bil c) New Delhi d) Hyderabad
Answer: c) Gita Gopinath Gita Gopinath has joined International Monetary Fund as its Chief Economist on 7th January 2019. She is the first woman to occupy the top IMF post. She succeeds Maurice Obstfeld as Economic Counsellor and Director of the IMF's Research who retired on 31st December 2018 She is the professor of International Studies and Economics at Harvard University.
Answer: b) Coimbatore The Coimbatore police launched the 'Police-E-Eye' mobile application on 7th January 2019 violators and upload them to the police. violator's place to collect the fine amount. The app will enable the public to take photographs of traffic rule
11. Who took over as the President of Global Solar Council? a) Pranav R Mehta b) Manjul Bhargava c) Kal Penn d) Vivek Murthy
Answer: a) Pranav R Mehta From 1st January 2019 He is the First Indian to head the Global Solar Council. The GSC has its headquarters in Washington D.C. He is the Chairman of National Solar Energy Federation of India.
12. With which country did India sign MoU for the establishment of the Joint Task Force on 'Blue Economy'? a) Scotland b) UK c) Norway d) Ireland