Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
JANUARY 17, CURRENT AFFAIRS
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. The 10th edition of the India Rubber Expo (IRE-2019) has started in which of the following cities? a) Mumbai b) Kochi c) Shimla d) Hyderabad
Answer: a) Mumbai V On 17th January 2019. The IRE will showcase the latest technological developments in rubber industry and also talk about the current market status, facilities and services on R&D and quality control.
2. Who has become the first Indian athlete to be nominated in Laureus World Comeback of Year Award? a) Vinesh Phogat b) Hima Das c) Mary Kom d) Mohammed Anas Yahiya
Answer: a) Vinesh Phogat Ace Indian female wrestler Vinesh Phogat from Haryana has become the first Indian athlete to receive a nomination in the prestigious Laureus World Comeback of the Year award. Vinesh made a sensational comeback after battling a long injury lay-off to win a gold medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games and Jakarta Asian Games.
3. Who has been appointed as Director General (Investigation) in the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)? a) Amit Kulshetra bil b) S N Pradhan c) Prabhat Singh d) Pradeep Das
Answer: c) Prabhat Singh V He has been appointed to the post for a period up to April 30, 2020, the date of his superannuation.
4. Which Indian-born personality is the recipient of the 2019 Japan Prize for his outstanding contribution to sustainable soil management? a) Dr. Rattan Lal b) Dr. Khalid Abbed c) Dr. Naresh Trehan d) Dr. William A Abdu
Answer: 7. a) Dr. Rattan lal. The Japan Prize Foundation has recently announced the laureates of the 2019 Japan Prize, who have pushed the envelope in their respective fields of "Materials and Production" and "Biological Production, Ecology". Indian-born Dr. Rattan Lal, a soil scientist at The Ohio State University, has been awarded the 2019 Japan Prize for his outstanding contribution to sustainable soil management.
5. First National Sports Meet for Tribals organised in ? a) Hyderabad b) Imphal c) Gangtok d) Jaipur
Answer: a) Australia On 16th Jan 2019, the Union Cabinet gave approval for signing a Memorandum of General mines Safety (DGMS) and the Safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station (SIMTARS), Australia. The MoU will help in the implementation of a risk based safety management system in mines. It will also help in modernising R&D laboratory of DGMS
8. The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated 'Gandhian Resurgence Summit'? a) Delhi b) Gujarat c) Uttar Pradesh d) Maharashtra
Answer: a. Election Commission of India Voter Awareness Forum (VAF) was launched by Election Commission of India on 16th January 2019. s Forum are informal Forums for generating awareness around the electoral process through activities like discussions, quizzes, competitions and other engaging activities.
10. Who has become the first Indian and youngest man to climb the seven highest peaks and volcanic summits across all continents:? a) Satyarup Siddhanta b) Harish Kapadia arendira Dhar Jaya d) Kshitij Maurya
Thank You! Encourage Me : Like, Rate ,Review and Share