Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
JANUARY 15, CURRENT AFFAIRS
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. Kollam Bypass, touches which of the following National Highways? a) NH 44, NH 19 and NH 701 b) NH 27, NH 109 and NH 907 c) NH 48, NH 311 and NH 208 d) NH 66, NH 183 and NH 744
Answer: d) NH 66, NH 183 and NH 744 V On 15th January 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the 13 km, 2 lane Kollam bypass on NH-66 in Kerala. Constructed at a cost of Rs 352 core, this highway has three major bridges over Ashtamudi Lake. The Kollam bypass project will ease traffic congestion around Kollam town and reduce the travel time between Alappuzha and Thiruvananthapuram V This projects, will create new socio- economic opportunities for the people and boost trade and tourism in this region.
2. Which city is the venue of the first-ever Global Aviation Summit (GAS-2019)? a) Mumbai b) Varanasi c) Chennai d) Hyderabad
Answer a) Mumbai Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the first-ever Global Aviation Summit (GAS-2019) in Mumbai on January 15 The two-day summit, with a theme Flying for all-especially the next 6 Billion', is being organised by Ministry of Civil Aviation in association with FICCI It offers stakeholders an opportunity to explore, deliberate and understand how technology-driven innovations will change air travel in the decades to come
3. Who is the head of the Group of Ministers (GoM) for GST issues in real estate? a) Kamleshwar Sharma Uy b) Prabhuram Chowdhary c) Govind Singh d) Nitin Patel
Answer: d) Nitin Patel The Government of India (Gol) has constituted a 7-member Group of Ministers (GoM) to boost the real estate sector under the GST regime. Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat Nitin Patel will be the convener of the GoM. The panel will analyse tax rate of GST and suggest a composition scheme for residential construction units.
4. 'IMBEX 2018-19' has started between India and which of the following country? a) Bangladesh b) Myanmar c) Mauritius d) Indonesia
Answer: anmai On 14th January 14 2019, the 2nd edition of India-Myanmar bilateral Army exercise 'IMBEX 2018-19' has commenced at Chandi Mandir military station in Haryana that houses the headquarters of the Western Command of the Indian Army The purpose of this joint training event is to train the Myanmar delegation for participation in UN peacekeeping operations.
5. Which state government has launched 'Ama Ghare LED' scheme? a) Tripura b) Odisha c) Arunachal Pradesh d) Mizoram
Answer: b) Odisha Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has recently launched 'Ama Ghare LED' scheme, under which about 95 lakh families in the State will each get four LED bulbs free of cost. Under the scheme, each beneficiary registered under National Food Security Act (NFSA) and the State Food Security Scheme (SFSS) will be provided four LED bulbs of 9 watt each free of cost.
Answer a) Hyderabad On 14th January 2019, the 1st National Level Sports Meet for the students of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) was held at G.M.C Balayogi Stadium in Gachibowli, Hyderabad The event has a participation of 1777 students comprising of 975 boys and 802 girls representing 20 States of the country The three day event had competitions in 13 different disciplines of track and field that includes Hockey, Wrestling, Football, Archery, Volley Ball, Kabaddi, Handball, Kho Kho and Athletics.
8. D Gukesh, who has been crowned India's youngest Grandmaster (GM), is from which state? a) Karnataka b) Tamil Nadu c) Andhra Pradesh d) Kerala
9. Which state government has recently decided to start bird hospitals? a) Kerala bil b) Delhi c) Rajasthan d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: b) Delhi In a first, the government of Delhi has proposed a specialised treatment facility for birds in the National Capital Territory, as part of its Animal Health and Welfare Policy 2018 It aims to strengthen overall animal health cover through prevention, control and eradication of various disease conditions, disease monitoring, surveillance and extension of veterinary services.
10. Which organisation / personality has been chosen for the Gandhi TO Peace Prize 2018? a) Ekal Abhiyan Trust Akshaya Patra Foundation Yohei sasakawa Sulabh International b) bil c) d)
Answer: c) Yohei Sasakawa Yohei Sasakawa, who is Goodwill Ambassador of the WHO for Leprosy Eradication, has been conferred the Gandhi Peace Prize for 2018 The award will be given to Sasakawa in recognition of his work towards eradication of the disease in India and across the world.