Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor o Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate ,Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/KomalaVa i
1. Where was the second edition of Khelo India Youth Games inaugurated? a) Delhi b) Pune c) Bengaluru d) Chandigarh
Answer: b) Pune The second edition of Khelo India Youth Games was inaugurated in Pune on 9th January 2019 Students from colleges and Universities will be allowed to compete in the games. Tennis and table tennis will also be a part of the games. V The 1st edition of Khelo India games was held in Delhi in January 2018 The Khelo India Games is organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
2. International Cricket Council (ICC) announced that USA Cricket has become itsmember. a) 104 b) 105 c) 106 d) 107
Answer c) 105 V On 9th January 2019, International Cricket Council announced that USA Cricket became its 105th member. As a member of ICC, USA Cricket is now eligible to receive funding in accordance with the ICC Funding Policy USA Cricket has become the 93rd Associate Member in accordance with the ICC Constitution It can now sanction domestic and international matches in the United States.
3, which of the constitutional amendment seeks to provide 10 % reservation to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in the General Category. a) b) c) d) 120th Constitutional Amendment Bill 122th Constitutional Amendment Bill 124th Constitutional Amendment Bill 126th Constitutional Amendment Bill
Answer: c. 124th Constitutional Amendment Bill V On 8th January 2019, the Lok Sabha has passed the 124th Constitutional Amendment Bill, 2019. The bill seeks to provide a 10% reservation to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in the General Category The bill facilitates reservation for EWS in direct recruitment and admission in higher educational institutions. The Bill amends Article 15 of Constitution of India
4. Who was appointed as the Secretary of Consular, Passport, Visa and Overseas India Affairs in the Ministry of External Affairs? a) Dr.T.Suresh Babu c) Sanjiv Arora b) Satbir Singh d) Alok Kumar Sinha
Answer: c) Sanjiv Arora Senior diplomat Sanjiv Arora was appointed as the Secretary of Consular, Passport, Visa and Overseas Indian Affairs in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) with effect from 1 st February 2019. He is a 1984 batch officer of India Foreign Service. V At present, he is India's Ambassador to Lebanon.
5. Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the four-laned, Solapur- Tuljapur-Osmanabad section of NH-211 (New NH-52) in which state? a) Andhra Pradesh b) Telangana c)Maharashtra d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: c) Maharashtra It will improve the connectivity of Solapur with the Marathwada region. The project is part of Solapur- Yedashi section in Maharashra. V The Prime Minister had laid the foundation for this project in 2014.
7. Who among the following will be receiving the 'Sushila Devi Literature Award' at the Bhopal Literature and Art Festival (BLF) 2019? a) Manju Kapur b) Namita Gokhale c) Githa Hariharan d) Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay
Answer: a. Mumbai
10. Kallakurichi - becomes Tamil Nadu'sdistrict from January 8,2019? a. 30 b. 31 . 32 d. 33
Answer: d. 33 V It was created from the State's largest district, Villupuram, which has 1,099 village panchayats
Answer: d) 70% On 8th January 2019, the Maharashtra Cabinet approved the 'State of Maharashtra's Agribusiness and Rural Transformation (SMART) project assisted by the World Bank. The Project will boost the agriculture sector and agri-allied businesses. The project will have an investment of Rs.2250 crore, of which 70% will be from the World Bank while the State Government's share will be 26.67%.