Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
JANUARY 14, CURRENT AFFAIRS
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. Which country hold the first-ever Annual Disarmament and International Security Affairs Fellowship Programme? a) Japan b) India c) Bhutan d) South Korea bil
Answer b) India On Jan 14th, the first-ever Annual Disarmament and International Security Affairs Fellowship Programme has started at the Foreign Services Institute in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by the United Nations under-secretary-general and high representative for disarmament affairs Izumi Nakamitsu and foreign secretary Vijay Keshav Gokhale. Young Diplomats from 27 countries are participating in the Fellowship Programme, which will continue till 1st of Feb 2019
2. Which country has launched 'Fair Value for Innovation' at Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi? United States of America a) bil c) b) Germany France d) Japarn
Answer a) United States of America The United States has launched a new innovation initiative titled 'Fair Value for Innovation' at the 4th edition of the Raisina Dialogue in Nevw Delhi. The initiative was launched by the Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC) of United States Chamber of Commerce
3. Shakil Ahmed, who is in news recently, is associated with which sports? a) Swimming b) Indoor rowing c) Judo d) Chess
Answer b) Indoor Rowing Shakil Ahmed, who is Asian Cup gold medallist and noted oarsman, has set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing one lakh metres in above-40 years category in Kolkata. A FISA level one coach, Shakil began his record-setting indoor rowing feat in Salt Lake stadium complex at 8 am on 13 January 2019 and achieved the milestone of covering 1,00,000 metres of simulated distance in 10 hours.
4. Which state has become the first state to provide a 10% reservation in Jobs and educational institutions to the economically weaker sections in the general category? a) Punjab b) Haryana c) Gujarat d) Rajasthan
Answer: c) Gujarat Gujarat has become the first state to provide a 10% reservation in jobs and educational institutions to the economically weaker sections in the general category. It will be applicable from 14th January 2019. The eligibility of the new quota will be applicable only for which the announcement for jobs and admissions have been made out but the process has not yet begun.
5. Abhinav Shaw become the youngest gold medalist in the shooting at the Khelo India Youth Games in Pune on 14th January 2019. He is - . year Old a) 9 b) 10 d) 12
Answer: b) 10 V On 14th January 2019, 10-year old Abhinav Shaw became the youngest gold medalist in the shooting at the khelo India Youth Games in Pune. He teamed up with Mehuli Ghosh to help West Bengal Wins the 10m air rifle mixed team event. Delhi's Devanshi rana bagged gold in Under -21 girls 25m pistol event.
Answer: d) 14th January The Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed every year on 14th January The day is celebrated as a mark of respect and recognition of the services rendered by Field Marshal, who retired from service on 14th January 1953. K.M.Cariappa was the first Commander of the Indian Armed Forces.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin of Rs.to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh on 13th January 2019. a) 50 b) 150 c) 250 d) 350
9. What is the name of the Initiative launched by government eMarketplace? a) W-GeM. b) Women's eMarketplace. c) GeM for Women d) Womaniya on GeM.
Answer: d) Womaniya on GeM Govt eMarketplace (GeM) launched an initiative named 'Womaniya on GeM' on 14th January 2019 The initiative will enable omen entrepreneurs and self-help groups to sell different products at the platforms. GeM is an online platform of the Ministry of Commerce for the procurement of goods and services by government departments, public sector units and other agencies.
10. Who won gold medal in weightlifting at the khelo India Youth Games held in Pune, Maharashtra? udra Mayann b) Arik Dey c) Mahesh Kumar d) B.Vishnu Vardhan bil
Answer: a) S. Rudra Mayan Weighlifter, s.rudra Mayan won the gold medal by lifting a total weight of 269 kgs at the Khelo India Youth Games in Pune, Maharashtra. He is from Tamilnadu Tamilnadu's S.Darshini won the gold nedal in weightlifting in girls under-21 category She managed a lift a total weight of 192 kgs.