Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
JANUARY 12, CURRENT AFFAIRS
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. Which IIT has decided to launch 6-month Artificial Intelligence course? a) IIT Bombay b) IIT Kharagpur c) IIT Madras d) IIT Kanpur
Answer: b) IIT Kharagpur The aim of the certified programme is to strengthen India's talent pool in Machine Learning and AI The course will begin from March 2019 & will be offered at institute units in Kharagpur, Bangalore and Kolkata and possibly in Hyderabad.
2. Who is the head of the SEBI committee to link research to policy making? Uy a) Sankar De b) c) d) UK Sinha Pratap Mukherjee K S Chauhan
Answer: a) Sankar De Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has recently constituted a Research Advisory Committee (RAC) to strengthen its research function and enhance its linkage to policy making. It will be headed by Dr. Sankar De. The RAC will assist in formulating policy to undertake research relevant for development and regulation of capital markets.
3. Who was conferred with the honorary rank of general of Indian Army for his military prowess and contribution to fostering Nepal's long and friendly association with India? a) b) c) d) General Karmendra Bikram Limbu General Purna Chandra Thapa General Chitra Bahadur Gurung General Pradip Pratap Mam Mala
Answer: b) General Purna Chandra Thapa On 12th Jan 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army to General Purna Chandra Thapa, the Army Chief of Nepal. He was honored with the honorary rank of general of Indian Army for his military powers and contribution to fostering Nepal's long and friendly association with India. He became Nepal Army Chief in September 2018.
4. India & which country Union Cabinet Authorised Reserve Bank of India to sign the bilateral currency swap arrangement? a) China b) USA c) Japan d) France
Answer: c) Japan The Union Cabinet Authorised Reserve Bank of India to sign the bilateral currency swap arrangement on 10th January 2019 between India and Japan. A currency swap agreement is a foreign exchange agreement between two parties to exchange one currency for another and giving back the original amount swapped after a specified period of time
It authorised Reserve bank of India to sign the deal with Bank of Japan for a maximum amount of $75 Billion. The arrangements will bring stability to foreign exchange and capital markets in India. It will also help in maintaining an appropriate level of balance payments.
5. The Union cabinet approved a MoU between India and___on 10th January 2019, for the development of 'Advanced model single Window? a) USA b) France c) South Korea d) Japan
6. Where was the 4th meeting of council for the Trade Development and Promotion held? a) New Delhi b) Mumbai bil c) Pune d) Hyderabad
Answer: a) Kolkata The three-day 'Bengal Fish fest 2019' naugurated in Kolkata on 11th January 2019 The festival organised by the West Bengal's Fisheries department. The aim of the festival is to make the people aware of the achievement of the state government in the area of fisheries. The festival gives a platform for showcasing the policies that helped in the improvement of production.
9. Which city is the venue of the 25th edition of Partnership Summit 2019? a) New Delhi b) Dehradun bil c) Hyderabad d) Mumbai
Answer: d) Mumbai On January 12, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 25th edition of Partnership Summit 2019 in Mumbai This edition of the Summit will showcase India in the present landscape of an emerging "New India", the "New Global Economic Address" The 2-day summit is expected to build new partnerships and explore investment opportunities in sectors like Artificial Intelligence, big data, food processing, defense, aeronautics, renewable energy and tourism
10. Which of the following is/are the features of the National Youth TO Parliament Festival 2019? a) To hear the voice of youth between 18-25 years. bil c) To opinions on Vision of New India in 2022. d) All the above b) To encourage the youth to engage with public issues
Answer: d. West Bengal Reasons: The Central Government sending the letter to the beneficiaries with PMs picture and a lotus symbol on top, without the knowledge of State Government The Central Government changing the name of state's established health scheme ,,Swasthyasathi into Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana
12. World Economic Forum - has recognised Tata Steel's plant at IJmuiden in country as 'Factories of the Future'? a. Norway b. Netherlands c. USA ( d. Japan
Thank You! Encourage Me : Like, Rate ,Review and Share