Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
January 3, Current Affairs
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. The RBI has appointed an__member expert committee to comprehensively review and propose long-tern solutions for the revival of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector. a) 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8
Answer: d) 8 The RBI has appointed an eight-member expert committee to comprehensively review and propose long-term solutions for the revival of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector. The committee will be headed by former SEBI chairman U.K.Sinha. The committee will examine the factors affecting the timely and adequate of finance to the MSME sector.
2. The Union Cabinet approved the continuation of 'Rastriya Yuva Sashaktikaran karyakram Scheme' for the Period 2017-18 to_? a) 2018-2019 b) 2019-2020 bil c) 2020-2021 d) 2021-2022
Answer: b) 2019-2020 V The total budget outlay for the scheme is Rs.1160 crore. The scheme is an ongoing Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. The Scheme aims to develop the personality and leadership qualities of the youth.
3. Which of the following airports in Port Blair was declared as an authorised 'Immigration Check post' for entry into/exit from India? a) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport b) Veer Savarkar International Airport c) Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport d) Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport.
Answer: b) Veer Savarkar International Airport This will open up the Port Blair Airport for direct international flight and immigration facilities. The Superintendent of Police (CID), Andaman and Nicobar Police was appointed as the 'Civil Authority' for the purpose of the immigration check post.
4. The National Health Agency (NHA) will be restructured as National Health Authority' for better implementation of PM-JAY. The authority will be working under___. a) Ministry of Commerce and Industry b) Ministry of Corporate Affairs c) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare d) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Answer: c) Minitry of Health & Family Welfare The Union Cabinet approved the restructuring of existing National Health Agency (NHA) as 'National Health Authority' for better implementation of Pradhan Mantri - Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) National Health Authority will be chaired by Union Health Minister to enable the decision making at a faster pace. The authority will be working under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
5. Who has been conferred with the National Geospatial Award for Excellence-2017 (Life Achievement Award) by the Indian Society for Remote Sensing? ) K.R.Parthasarathy b) Jayanta Kumar Ghosh c) Debabrata Basu d) Rajendra Bhatia
Answer: b) Jayanta Kumar Ghosh The award was given to him for his contribution to the development of geospatial science and applications. ISRS is an organisation known in the area of space science, remote sending and geospatial technology.
Answer: d) IIT Bombay A MoU for setting up "Centre of Excellence' in Oil, Gas and Energy was signed between IIT Bombay and PSU Oil Companies and EIL The Center of Excellence is aimed at collaborative research& Capability Building in the areas of Oil, Gas and Energy It will work towards developing sustainable solutions and explore nevw frontiers in technology for future energy needs.
8. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of? a) b) c) d) Justice Mian Saqib Nisar Justice Asif Saeed Khosa Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar
9. Which of the following has become the country's largest asset management company on 3rd January 2019? a) SBI Mutual Fund b) HDFC Mutual Fund c) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund d) Reliance Mutual Fund
Answer: b) HDFC Mutual Fund
10. Who has become the first woman amputee to climb Mount Vinson (Highest Peak of Antarctica)? a) Junko Tabei b) Arunima Sinha c) Nima Doma Sherpa d) Malavath Purna
Answer: b) Arunima Sinha She was the world's first woman amputee to climb Mt Everest in 2013. She was a national level volleyball player who had one of her legs amputated in 2011. She had earlier scaled five peaks including Mt Everest, Mt Kilimanjaro, Mt Elbrus, Mt Kosciuszko and Mt Aconcagua.