Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
January 2, Current Affairs
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. Which among the following nations have quit the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) with the close of 2018? 1. USA 2. Israel 3. Argentina a) Only 2 b) Only 1 and 2 c) Only 1 and 3 d) All are correct
Answer: b) Only 1 and 2 The USA and Israel had quit the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) with the close of 2018. UNESCO - to preserve heritage, including maintaining a list of World Heritage sites.
2. Which country ceased to be a member of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)? a) UAE b) Qatar c) Austria d) Yemern
Answer: b) Qatar Qatar ceased to be member of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) from 1st January 2019. Qatar is the first Gulf country to leave the bloc of oil-producing countries. Qatar is the world's biggest supplier of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). The OPEC is an intergovernmental organisation of 15 nations, founded in 1960 in Baghdad and headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
3. Where did Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launch a new platform named 'Samwad with Students' (SwS)? a) New Delhi Uy b) Bengaluru c) Chennai d) Hyderabad.
Answer: b) Bengaluru on 1st January 2019 Through the SwS Initiative, ISRO aims to engage youngsters across India to capture their scientific temperament. The first SwS event saw 40 students and 10 teachers from selected schools who interacted with ISRO Chairman Dr.K.Sivan.
4. Who has been appointed as the interim chairman of LIC? a) V K Sharma b) Hemant Bhargava c) Sanjay Jha d) Dinesh Paliwal
Answer: b) Hemant Bhargava The Govt of India appointed Life Insurance Corporation's Managing Director Hemant Bhargava as the interim Chairman of LIC. He replaced V K Sharma, who retired on 31st Dec 2018.
5. Where will the 44th Global Summit of the International Advertising Association (IAA)? a) Mumbai c) Pune b) New Delhi bil d) Kochi
Answer: d) Kochi From February 20 to 22, 2019. The theme of the summit is 'Brand Dharma' It is for the first time an Indian city is hosting the summit. The last three summits were held in Washington DC, Moscow and Beijing
Answer: b) Justice Cholendra Shamsher J B Rana
8. Who sworn in as Brazil's President? a) Dilma Rousseff b) Fernando Haddad c) Jair Bolsonaro d) Eduardo Cunha
Answer: c) 25 10.48 lakh households are left to be electrified in 4 states - Assam, Rajashan, Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh. The 'Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijili Har Ghar Yojana' (Saubhagya) in Sept 2017 To achieve the goal of universal household electrification in the country by 31st March 2019.
10. President Ram Nath Kovind nominated Justice Executive Chairman (EC) of National Legal Services Authority (NALSA)? as the __ a) T.S.Thakur b) AK Sikri c) Jagdish Singh Khehar d) R.Banumathi
Answer: b) A.K. Sikri The post got vacant after the retirement of Justice Madan B Lokur. The NALSA was contituted under the legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free legal services to the weaker sections of the society and to organise the Lok Adalats.
12. Three Indian-origin women scientists were among the 60 superstars of STEM (Science, Technology Engineering & Mathematics) list awarded by which country? a) Britain b) USA c) Australia d) Germany
13. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate which edition of Indian Science Congress-2019 in Jalandhar, Punjab? a) 100h b) 106th c) 103rd d) 101st
Thank You! Encourage Me : Like, Rate ,Review and Share