Komala Valli V is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
JANUARY 13, CURRENT AFFAIRS
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli
1. Ashutosh Aman, is associated with which sports? a) Hockey b) Football c) Cricket d) Kabaddi
Answer: c) Cricket Bihar left-arm spinner Ashutosh Aman broke the 44-year old record of most wickets in a single Ranji Trophy season by finishing the 2018-19 tournament with 68 wickets. He break the previous record of 64 dismissals set by former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi in the 1974-75 tournament. Aman now holds the record for most wickets taken in a Ranji Trophy season by any bowler. He is employed with the Indian Air Force (IAR) and hails from Bihar's Gaya
2. The Government of India (GoI) has drafted five-year action plan to address drug abuse in the country for which of the following periods? a) 2019 2024 bil b) 2017 - 2022 c) 2018 2023 d) 2016- 2021
Answer: c) 2018 - 2023 The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has drafted a five- year action plan to address the problem of drug and substance abuse in the country The aim of the National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (for 2018 to 2023) is to employ a multi-pronged strategy to address the issue. It involves education, de-addiction and rehabilitation of affected individuals and their families.
3. Who has been honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award by the West Bengal Film Journalists Association? a) Mithun Chakrabarty c)Moushumi Chatterjee b) Buddhadeb Dasgupta d) Subhashish Mukherjee
Answer b) Buddhadeb Dasgupta National award-winning filmmaker Buddhadeb Dasgupta has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by the West Bengal Film Journalists Association (WBFJA) in the name Satyajit Ray. He was awarded the award in the third edition of the Cinemar Samabartan' ceremony on January 13, 2019. Dasgupta is a big name in the parallel cinema. He is known for his political films like 'Dooratwa' (Distance) and 'Grihajuddha' Crossroads
4. Which state government has launched 'One Family, One Job' scheme? a) Sikkim b) Odisha c) Jharkhand d) Punjab
Answer: a) Sikkimm Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has recently launched 'One Family, One Job' scheme which entitles one government job for every family in the state The employment will be awarded only to members of those families which do not have a government job at present. V As per scheme, CM Chamling handed over appointment letters to over 12,000 unemployed youths at a "Rojgar Mela" (employment fair) at the Paljor stadium, Gangtok
5. Which Indian personality is the recipient of the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award? a) Mukesh Ambani bil b) Narendira Modi c) Ratan tata d) Vijay Nahar
Answer: b) Narendira Modi The Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award in New Delhi for his outstanding leadership for the nation. The Award focuses on the triple bottom-line of People, Profit and Planet. It will be offered annually to the leader of a Nation Prof. Philip Kotler is a world renowned Professor of Marketing at Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management.
Answer: c) Puducherry On 13th Jan 2019, the Puducherry govt announced a total ban on manufacture, sale and storage of single-use plastics in the Union territory. The ban on single-use plastics such as paper cups, disposable plates and straws would come into effect from 1st March 2019 A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the Cabinet Chaired by Puducherry Chief Minister V.Narayanasamy
9. 10th World Tamil Conference (WTC) to be held in which of the following place? a. Mexico b. Washington c. Beijing d. Chicago
10. ' Namma Chennai' App is for? a. Online Payment - electricity bill b. Online property tax payment c. Both a and b d. None
Answer: b. Online property tax payment The app allows users to procure birth and death certificates and view the status of property, professional tax and trade licences It also allows the submission of complaints The app is available on both Android and iOS platforms
12. World Economic Forum - has recognised Tata Steel's plant at IJmuiden in country as 'Factories of the Future'? a. Norway b. Netherlands c. USA ( d. Japan
Answer: b. Netherlands The plant employs various innovative solutions to optimize the production in the facility The recognition by WEF addresses Tata Steel's plant at Ijmuiden to be recognized as the "Factories of the Future"