DNA OF JULY 14/2018 FOR KPSC EXAMS Presented by Shantagouda
About me -Engineering Graduate Cleared KAS 2014 UPSC CSE Mains 2017 - Former SAP ABAP Consultant at Wipro - Former Excise Sub Inspector(ESI) RATE REVIEW RECOMMEND Share it on whatsapp/Facebook Follow me on: https://unacademy.com/user/beingshan
Today's Important Issues 1. In tightrope walk, India schedules talks with Iran and U.S 2. India going ahead with S-400 buy, says Nirmala. 3. Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018 4. Steps taken to fill judges' posts: SC 5. Few schools aware of NCPCR safety guidelines. 6. Century's Longest Lunar Eclipse To Take Place On July 27-28
1. In tightrope walk, India schedules talks with Iran and U.S Washington to reimpose curbs on Tehran from August 6, wants all countries to stop their oil imports, u U.S.A wants India to cut down oil imports from Iran to "zero". Iran supplies crude oil at concessionalrates India is second largest buyer of Iranian oil U Iran also provides connectivity to India through Chahabar Port & International north South Transport corridor.
2. India going ahead with S-400 buy, says Nirmala India is going ahead with the purchase of S-400 air defence systems from Russia despite American concerns. Recent US law called CAATSA -- Countering America's Adversaries through sanctions act -deters Countries from buying Russian weapon systems. S-400 can destroy aircrafts , missiles , drones and Stealth fighters within range of 400 kms, THAAD is the USA s missile defence system.
3. Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018 The Centre has launched the Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018, a nationwide survey of rural India to rank the cleanest and dirtiest States and districts on the basis of qualitative and quantitative evaluation. OMinistry of Drinking Water and Sanitation is the nodal ministry to conduct survey.
4. Steps taken to fill judges' posts: SC D Collegium system - is a system under which appointments/elevation of judges to Supreme Court and transfers of judges of High Courts and Apex Court are decided by a forum of the Chief Justice of India and the four senior-most judges of the Supreme Court.' ONJAC - The NJAC Bill 2014 that established the NJAC was introduced and passed by both houses of Parliament with the Constitutional (99th Amendment) Bill1 2014. O NJAC was not implemented due concerns raised by SC. SC holds that NIAC may dilute the independence ofjudiciary.
5. Few schools aware of NCPCR safety guidelines National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) brought out the guidelines in the wake of reports of sexual abuse of children in school premises. NCPCR is a statutory body under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005 Under the administrative control ofthe Ministry ofwomen & Child Development,Government of India The Commission's Mandate is to ensure that all Laws, Policies, Programmes, and Administrative Mechanisms are in consonance with the Child Rights. The Child is defined as a person in the 0 to 18 years age group.
6. Century's Longest Lunar Eclipse To Take Place On July 27-28 Lunar Eclipse can occur only at fullmoon. A total lunar eclipse can happen only when the sun, Earth and moon are perfectly lined up-anything less than perfection creates a partial lunar eclipse or no eclipse at all. O Lunar eclipses occur when Earth's shadow blocks the sun's light, which otherwisereflects off the moon. There are three types-total, partial and penumbral-with the most dramatic being a total lunar eclipse, in which Earth's shadow completely covers the moon. ,Total lunar eclipse will occur on July 27- 28 with a totality duration of! hour 43 minutes.