DNA OF JULY 17/2018 FOR KPSC EXAMS Presented by Shantagouda
About me Engineering Graduate Cleared KAS 2014 UPSC CSE Mains 2017 . Former SAP ABAP Consultant at Wipr< - Former Excise Sub Inspector(ESI) RATE REVIEW RECOMMEND Follow me on : https://unacademy.com/user/beingshan
JULY 17th 2018 Daily News Analysis
Important Topics of the Day 1.B S Patil Committee Report, 2. Separate act for Bangalore, 3. Wholesale price Index reaches 4 year high, 4. WPI vs CPI, 5. VIKAS Engine, 6. India Becomes vice chair of WCO.
1. B.S.Patil Committee Report BS Patil, former chief secretary and chairperson of the BBMP Restructuring committee Proposed a sustainable three-tier system of governing the city and make it self-reliant. With close to one crore population, it's tough to govern this city in its present form Restructure the administration of Bengaluru city by having Single planning committee at Top tier, five city corporations in middle tier & third tier comprising a whopping 400 wards. Proposed separate act for administration of Bangalore.
2. Separate act for Bangalore Administration. Proposed by B S Patil Committee, - A mega city like Bengaluru needs a separate act to cater to its growing needs. The Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, under which town and municipalities are being governed, is old and not suitable for Bangalore Administration
Separate act will help in: - Bring coordination among BDA, BWSSB, BESCOM, BMTC,BMRCL etc various bodies providing services to people - Help in decentralise the governance of the city, Leads to fast and effective service delivery to citizens, Can have separate C&R rules for employees currently working in BBMP limits.
3. Wholesale price inflation touches a 4 year high Inflation at the wholesale level quickened to 5.77% in June, the highest since December 2013, driven in large part by rising fuel prices. Announcement of kharif MSP by the Union government is expected to push it beyond the current levels.
4. WPI vs CPI BASIS FOR COMPARISON WHOLESALE PRICE INDEX (WPI) CONSUMER PRICE INDEX (CPI) Meaning Wholesale Price Index (WPI), amounts to the average change in prices of commodities at wholesale level Consumer Price Index (CPI), indicates the average change in the prices of commodities, at retail level Published by Office of Economic Advisor Central Statistics Office Measurement of Inflation Covers Focuses on First stage of transaction Goods only Prices of goods traded between business houses. Final stage of transaction Goods and Services Prices of goods purchased bv consumers.
5. VIKAS Engine - Vikas Engine is a liquid fuelled rocket engine indigenously developed by ISRO, India. All three satellite launch vehicles(PSLV, GSLV & GSLV MKIII) of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are set to add muscle to their spacecraft lifting power in upcoming missions this year. The main beneficiary of the high-thrust Vikas engine is said to be the heavy-lifting GSLV-Mark III launcher, which ISRO expects will now put 4,000-kg satellites to space. Propellant used - N2O4.