DNA OF JULY 12/2018 FOR KPSC EXAMS Presented by Shantagouda
About me Engineering Graduate Cleared KAS 2014 UPSC CSE Mains 2017 . Former SAP ABAP Consultant at Wipr< - Former Excise Sub Inspector(ESI) RATE REVIEW RECOMMEND Follow me on : https://unacademy.com/user/beingshan
Today's Important Issues 1. Net Neutrality, 2. Adultery-Section 497 of IPC, 3. Climate change threatens Nilgiri Thar, 4. Eat Right Movement by FSSAI, 5. GII India ranked 57th 6. UNSC Resolution 2427 To protect children in armed Conflict. 7. Gujarat becomes third state to recognize Jews as Minority
1.Net Neutralitv Net Neutrality : Treating all data on the Internet equally, and not discriminate or charge differently byuser, content, site, platform, or application. Telecom & Internet service providers cannot engage in practices such as blocking, slowing down or granting preferential speeds to any content. Some mission critical applications or services like remote surgery and autonomous cars will however be kept out of the purview ofnet neutrality framework. Move that will ensure open and free internet in India A Google Project Loon raised the issue of Neutrality
2. Adultery-Section 497 of IPC Section 497-Adultery Men having sexual intercourse with wife of another man without the consent of that man is an offence. O In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor O Such a offence shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. O The Constitution Bench would decide whether provision of adultery in the IPC treated a married woman as her husband's "subordinate" and violated the constitutional concepts of gender equality and sensitivity O The Union government told the Supreme Court that it does not want to drop adultery as an offence, saying such a move would only weaken the institution of marriage.
3. Climate change threatens Nilgiri Thar IUCN Status ofNilgiri Thar: Endangered. Found only in high altitudes in India's Western Ghats, O There are only around 2,500 Thars left in the wild, Their population is small and isolated, making them vulnerable to local extinction, Nilgiri Thar is state animal of Tamil Nadu
4. Eat Right Movement by FSSAI OThe Food Safety and Standards Authority's programme aims at engaging citizens to make correct choices, DEat Right Movement', built on two broad pillars of Eat Healthy' and 'Eat Safe',
5. GII India ranked 57th UThe country has improved its ranking from 60th OThe GII is being developed jointly by Cornell position last year, University, the Paris-based business school Insead and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) in Geneva, GII ranks 126 economies based on 80 indicators,
6.UNSC Resolution 2427 :To protect children in armed Conflict UNSC adopted a resolution 2427 aimed at a framework for mainstreaming protection, rights, well-being and empowerment of children throughout the conflict cycle.
7. Gujarat becomes third state to recognize Jews as Minority Gujarat granted minority status to Jews, Maharashtra and West Bengal are the other states that have granted minority status to their Jewish communities Notified minority communities in India: 1. Sikhs 2. Muslims 3. Christians 4, Zoroastrians 5. Buddhists 6. Jains.