Saumya Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Word list starting with word
1. Dead Ringer Meaning: A duplicate of exact things Example: She is a dead ringer of one of my friends.
2. Dig the grave BOO Meaning: to tarnish, to destroy Example : By taking the side of the culprit he dug the grave of his reputation.
3. Down at heel Meaning: out of luck, shabbily dressed Example: Since alex lost his job, he is always down at heel.
4. Draw the long bow Meaning: exaggerate Example : In calling him the best politician of the world, his followers draw the long bow
5. Dare devil Meaning: fearless person Example: don't try any of those daredevil stunts
6. Dead Broke Meaning: penniless Example: On account of reckless spending he is dead broke these days.
7. Down and out Meaning: poor and ruined Example: He looked unshaven, shabby, and down-and-out.
8. Days of reckoning Meaning: time to answer for one's action Example: You may commit crime after crime but days of reckoning are never far off.
9. Donkey's year Meaning: a very long time Example: Nowadays one has to wait donkey's year to get justice.