New Akash missiles get green light (GS-3) (Page-10) The Army, which is inducting the indigenously developed Akash short-range surface-to-air missile (SRSAM) system, will get an upgraded variant.The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) gave its procedural approval to the variant on Tuesday. * The Army has already inducted two Akash regiments, and ordered two more last year after a global tender for the SRSAM was cancelled. The Akash system has since been upgraded, and the DAC has now approved an upgraded variant for the third and fourth regiments Advanced features "The upgraded version will include the seeker technology and possess a 360-degree coverage, and will be of compact configuration. It is an operationally critical equipment, which will provide protection to vital assets," the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
& The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed Akash as part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme initiated in 1984. It is made by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).Akash has a range of 25 km and can engage multiple targets at a time in all-weather conditions. It has a large operational envelope, from 30 metre to a maximum of 20 km. Each regiment consists of six launchers, each having three missiles. * The DAC also gave approval for the development of an individual under-water breathing apparatus for the T-90 tank. The apparatus is used by the tank crew for emergency escape.
'China taking advantage of U.S. for many years' (GS-3) (Page-13) US. President Donald Trump on Tuesday said China had been taking advantage of the US. on trade for many years and that he knew how to stop it. "China has openly stated that they are actively trying to impact and change our election by attacking our farmers, ranchers and industrial workers because of their loyalty to me... There will be great and fast economic retaliation against China if our farmers, ranchers and/or industrial workers are targeted!" the President tweeted, after his administration announced fresh 10% tariff on $200 billion of imports from China. Shortly after Mr. Trump's tweets, China announced retaliatory tariffs. America-first' approach Forcing more favourable terms of trade on China has been a critical component of Mr.Trump's 'America-first politics The ultra-nationalist group in the administration, led by Peter Navarro, Director of the National Trade Council and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, believes that the U.S. will win a trade war with China.
The globalists represented by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin are finding it increasingly difficult to influence the administration's trade policy."It's a little disappointing earlier tariffs have not resulted in more constructive dialogue," Mr. Ross said. "But we hope these will" he said of the new tariffs. At $375 billion, the US. trade deficit with China is more than half of its total trade deficit. Mr.Trump and his nationalist advisers accuse China of unfair trade practices The Information Technology Industry Council, a business body representing America's tech companies that are heavily dependent on China trade, called the new tariffs "reckless". s. Its CEO Dean Garfield said in a statement: " China must change, but this is not the way to achieve the needed market access in China. More tariffs not only punish American consumers, manufacturers, and businesses of all sizes, they will also diminish the opportunity to negotiate with the Chinese and address long-standing trade issues. He said if the new tariffs were implemented, those will impact consumers and also diminish the US's "leadership on the emerging technologies that will shape our future." Mr. Ross said the tarifs would have only marginal impact on domestic consumer prices.
Jack Ma's warning In Shanghai, Jack Ma, the founder of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, warned that the US.-China trade war could roll on for decades. "It's going to last long, it's going to be a mess," Mr. Ma said.The U.S.-China trade war will last not for 20 months or 20 days, but maybe 20 years", he said. 'Synchronous measures' Earlier in the day, China said it was forced to take "synchronous countermeasures", following the U.S. decision, indicating that another round of the trade war with Washington was about to begin. Chinese Ministry of Commerce signalled that with the new round of tariffs, a fresh round of trade talks with the U.S. was now uncertain. The U.S. additional tariffs "have brought new uncertainties for bilateral consultations," a Ministry spokesperson said. Separately, the Chinese Foreign Ministry too hinted that talks with the U.S. could stall."China has always emphasised that the only correct way to resolve the China-U.S. trade issue is via talks and consultations held on an equal, sincere and mutually respectful basis. But at this time, everything the U.S. does is not giving the impression of sincerity or goodwill" said spokesperson Geng Shuang. Asked to comment on a list of possible forms of retaliation, Mr. Geng said he would not respond to "hypotheticals".
Graduate in Economics. Gold medal in Dissertation, Prepared various documents on Demonetisation and GST, Share-trading and many more