CBSE Class 12 Exam pattern
Given the COVID-19 situation in the country and its consequent impact on the 2020-21 academic session, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) implemented certain changes for the Board examination classes i.e. classes 10 and 12.
The Class 12 Board Examination will take place in two terms (Terms I and II) instead of one board term paper. The Term I Exam commenced in December 2021 and Term II will commence from April 2022 onwards. Special emphasis is now being placed on the Internal Assessment/ Project Work/Practicals.
Here are the details of the examination pattern:
Term I examination
- CBSE conducted the Term I Examination from 01 – 22 December 2021
- The Term I Examination was based on approximately 50% of the entire syllabus
- Multiple-type-choice (MCQs) questions were based on case studies and assertion-reasoning
- The total duration of the Term I Examination was 1 hour 30 minutes
- The answers had to be marked on the OMR sheet. They were scanned and evaluated afterward
- The exams were conducted under the strict supervision of CBSE-appointed External Centre Superintendents and Observers
- The Term I Examination score will contribute to the final score
Term II Examination
- CBSE will conduct a Term II Examination from 26 April 2022 onwards
- The Term II Examination will be based roughly on 50% of the entire syllabus at the end of the term
- Various types of questions will be asked, they could be case-based/situation-based, open-ended- short answer/ long answer type
- The total duration of the Term II examination will be 2 hours
- If the circumstances are not conducive for a regular descriptive test, a 90-minute MCQ-based exam will be held at the end of Term II
- The Term II Examination score will be added to the final overall score
Practical Examination/ Internal Assessments/Project Work
The Internal Assessment, to be held all through the year irrespective of Term I & Term II, may include end-of-topic tests, unit tests, practicals, projects, and exploratory activities.
6,582+ courses for CBSE Class 12