Saumya Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Word list starting with word
1. Come Home to Meaning: to understand Example: A solution finally came home to me as I was falling asleep last night.
2. Cross one's mind Meaning: to occur to oneself Example: In the examination hall it crossed my mind that I had left my pen outside on the table.
3. Call a spade a spade Meaning: speaking frankly & directly Example: People often get angry when one calls a spade a spade.
4. Come to a standstill Meaning: come to a sudden stop Example: Because of the strike, the production has come to a standstill. STOP
5. Come off with flying colors Meaning: to come out successfully Example: She passed her exam with flying colors.
6. Cry Wolf Meaning: to keep asking for help when you do not need it HELP Example: If you cry wolf too often, people will stop believing you.
7. Cock and Bull Story Meaning: a story that is obviously not true, especially one given as an excuse: USES Example: He told us some cock-and-bull story about having lost all his money.
8. Carry the day Meaning: to win a victory Example: after initial setbacks India carried the day in the test match
9. Carry matters with a high hand Meaning: to deal with a person strictly Example: The owner of the industry carried matters with a high hand and expelled two workers who were caught doing mischief in the office.