The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an institution that manages the employment testing and selection process in India. IBPS has released its notification on 29th June 2022, announcing that the recruitment process through Common Recruitment Process for jobs in eleven public sectors will start on July 1, 2022, and the last date for registration is July 21, 2022.
Table of content
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam Summary
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam Date
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Vacancy
- IBPS Clerk 2022 State-Wise Vacancy
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Salary Structure
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Application Fees
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Language
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Selection Process
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam Pattern
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam Syllabus
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- IBPS Clerk Age Limit
- Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Education Qualification
- IBPS Clerk Previous Year’s cut-off
IBPS Clerk 2022 Summary
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous body that conducts the IBPS examination every year. The exam is conducted to select candidates for the position of Probationary Officer in the numerous public sector and regional rural banks of India including SBI, IDBI, SIDBI, and many more.
IBP Clerk 2022 Date
The IBPS recruitment exam is conducted in two parts – the mains and the prelims. The preliminary exam will be conducted on three dates, 28th August, 03rd & 04th September 2022. While the students who will be able to clear the prelims will qualify for the main examination that is scheduled to be conducted on 08th October 2022.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Vacancy
The IBPS is conducting the Common Recruitment Process to provide recruitment to eligible candidates for over seven thousand job vacancies. In 2021, the IBPS clerk exams had conducted recruitment for filling 7855 posts.
IBPS Clerk 2022 State-Wise Vacancy
The state-wise vacancy list for IBPS Clerk Exams has not been released yet by the organisation.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Salary Structure
Candidates who are selected for the post of IBPS Clerk receive an initial salary of around 28000 to 30000 per month. Here is the comprehensive salary structure listing all the details –
House Rent Allowance
Therefore, the total salary comes to somewhere around Rs 29, 500 monthly.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Application Fees
The candidates who are planning to sit for the exam can fill out the registration form by visiting the official website www.ibps.in. The application fees vary depending on the category of the student. Here we have listed the application fee required for different categories –
Person with Benchmark Disability
For the rest of the categories
Students need to pay the examination fee online through UPI, debit card, IMPS, credit card, or mobile wallets.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Language
The IBPS Clerk Exams are going to be conducted in thirteen languages apart from English and Hindi. These languages include Telugu, Gujarati, Assamese, Tamil, Marathi, Konkani, Urdu, Malayalam, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, and Bengali. Candidates can select their language preferences while filling out the examination form.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Selection Process
IBPS Clerk Exam occurs in two segments, the preliminary exam and the main exams. Candidates able to clear the cut-off for the preliminary exams are allowed to appear for the main exams. Students need to qualify and clear the cut-off for both mains and preliminary to get recruited.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Pattern
The paper patterns for both mains and prelims are different. For prelims, 100 questions are asked and the time given is 1 hour. Each question is for one mark. The three sections are –
- English – 30 marks
- Reasoning – 35 marks
- Numerical Ability – 35 marks
The paper pattern for the main is different. The paper is divided into four sections and the time provided is 160 minutes to answer 190 questions. The four sections and the maximum marks for each section are listed below –
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude – 50
- English – 40
- Numerical Ability – 50
- General Awareness – 50
IBPS Exam Syllabus
The three major subjects include English, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability. The important topics under these sections are –
- English Language – Reading Comprehension, Fillers, Fill in The Blanks, cloze Test, Spotting Error, Improving Sentences.
- Numerical Ability – Number system, Simplification, Quadratic Equations, Data Interpretation, Data Equations, Data Sufficiency, etc.
- Reasoning Ability – Syllogism. Inequalities, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Coding, Decoding, Direction sense, Order, and Ranking
The other two sections include General Awareness and Computer Science. Questions from these two sections appear only in the mains.
- General Awareness – Banking and Insurance Awareness, Financial Awareness, Static Awareness, government Schemes and policies, Current Affairs.
- Computer Aptitude – History and Generation of Computers, Introduction to Computer Organisation, Computer Hardware, and I/O Devices, Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS, Computer Memory, Computer Software, Number System, and Conversions, Computer System and security, MS office and Short Keys.
IBPS Eligibility Criteria
A candidate should be eligible according to the listed parameters to appear for the exam –
- A minimum age of 20 and maximum age of 28.
- Operation knowledge of working with computers.
- A candidate should either be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, a Tibetan refugee, or a person of Indian origin who is immigrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
- A graduation degree from a recognized institution.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit
The upper age limit is 28 years and the lower age limit is 20 years. Therefore, a candidate who is born after 2nd August 1994 and before 1st August 2002 is eligible to appear for the exam.
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (applicable to Madhya Pradesh)
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen
|Years of service in the defence forces + 3 years for UR/ 8 years for SC/ST
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
|Women who are widows, divorcees, or who have been divorced and who have not remarried
IBPS Clerk Education Qualification
All the appearing students for IBPS Clerk Exam should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from any recognized higher education institution along with having an understanding of computers.
IBPS Clerk’s Previous Year Cut-Off
The IBPS Clerk cut-off varies from state to state and depends on the category to which the candidate belongs. The state with the highest cut-off in the general category was Uutrakhand while Sikkim had the lowest cut-off at 59. The median cut-off for most states in the preliminary exam was somewhere around 70. Students belonging to SC, ST, and EWS categories were required to have a score of somewhere around 63.
For the main exam, the cut-off for Unreserved students and OBC students ranged from around 56 to 45. While students from SC, ST, and EWS were required to score 43-35 marks depending on their states.