MCQ'S History Class 8 NCERT Presented by Sathvika
ABOUT ME B.Tech (ECE) Qualified for UPSC CSE Mains Appeared for inter view IBPS PO twice, Air Force ppeared for interview twice, FCI(MT) Hobbies: News paper craft, candle making Rate, Review, Recommend
1. Consider the following statements about Permanent settlement 1. Amount was fixed permanently 2. Rajas and taluqdars were given permanent post as zamindar 3. They collected rent and paid revenue to company Choose the correct statements a. Only 1,2 b. Only 2,3 c. Only1,3 d. Only 1,2,3
Solution: C Those who failed to pay the revenue lost Zamindari failed to pay the revenue lost Zamind
2. Choose the reasons for failure of zamindari system 1. Rent was too high and right on the land was insecure 2. Zamindars didn't spend on improving quality of soil a. Only1 b. Only 2 c. Both 1,2 d. Neither 1 nor 2
Kalamkari painting refers to a. A hand painted cotton textile in south India b. A handmade drawing on bamboo handicrafts in north-east India c. A bl ock-painted wooden cloth in western Himalayan region of India d. A hand-painted decorative silk cloth in north- western India
4.Match the following crops and areas of trade of Britishers A. Jute B. Rice C. Cotton D. Sugarcane a. A-3, B-2,C-1,D-4 b. A-3,B-2,C-4,D-1 c. A-2,B-3,C-1,D-4 d. A-2,B-3,C-4, D-1 1. UP 2. Madras 3. Bengal 4. Maharastra
5.Consider the following statements about Ryotwari system 1. It was the brain child of Read and Munro It gradually spread to whole of south India Choose the correct options a. Only 1 2. a Only 1 b. Only 2 c. Both 1,2 d Neither 1 nor 2
Solution: D Indigo-tropics Woad- pale color
8.Consider the following statements about mahalwari system 1. First devised in north western province of Bengal 2. Power to collect revenue is with ryot Choose the correct statements a. Only 1 b. Only 2 c. Both 1,2 d. Neither1 nor 2
9. 'Nij' in indigo cultivation means Contract signed by ryot Unit of measurement of land Slaves who cut Indigo plants Indigo produced from lands under direct control of planter a. b. c. d.
Solution: D Ryoti system-ryot signed contarct Bigha- unit measurement of land
10.Match the following A. Permanent settlement B. Mahalwari system C. Ryotwari system ermanent settlement. Lord Hastings ngs 2. Thomas Munro 3. Cornwallis 4. Mackenzie C. Ryotwari systerm D. Paramountacy a. A-1,B-2,C-3,D-4 b. A-1,B-2,C-4,D-3 c. A-3,B-4,C-2,D-1 d. A-3,B-4,C-1,D-2
12. Hunters and gatherers(H&G) among the following tribes a. Baigas b. Gaddis c. Bakarwalas d. Labadis
13. Shifting cultivators were mostly found in fting cultivators were mostly found irn Northern India South India Central India None of the above a. b. c. d.
14. Followers of Birsa belong to Munda tribes Santhal tribes Oraons All of the above a. b. c. d.
Solution: D Birsa belong to Mundas, Tribal group in Chotanagpur region
15. Shifting cultivation in Madhya Pradesh is known ing cultivation in Madhya radesh is known as a. Kutki b. Aghan c. Magh d. Bewar
Solution: D Remaining are name of seasons
From Hyderabad, Qualified for UPSC CSE Mains, loves to make decorative items with Newspaper