Navdeep Kaur is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
People and Environme June, Dec 2016, Jan, Nov 2017 MCQs with Related Notes, Current Affairs WI Target JRF (for CBSE UGC NET Paper 1) By Navdeep Kaur
July 2016 1. Which of the following is the largest source of water pollution in major rivers of India? (A) Untreated sewage (B) Agriculture run-off (C) Unregulated small scale industries (D) Religious practices Answer A 2. Sustainable development goals have specific targets to be achieved by (A) 2022 (B) 2030 (C) 2040 (D) 2050 Answer B
3. Indian government's target of producing power from biomass by the year 2022, is (A) 50 MW (B) 25 MW (C) 15 MVW (D) 10 MW Answer D We have a target for renewable energy generation of 175 Gigawatt by 2022. We have got off to a good start with nearly 12 GW likely to be installed by 2016, more than three times the current capacity," Prime Minister Narendra Modi said during the inauguration of the Indian Pavillion at COP21, Paris. Of the target capacity, 100 GW would be from solar power, 60 GW from wind, 10 GW from biomass and 5 GW from small hydro power, according to the ministry of new and renewable energy.
4. Assertion (A): Conserving our soil resources is critical to human survival Reason (R): Soil is home to many micro-organisms and contains minerals Choose the correct code: (A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). (B) Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A). (C) (A) is true and (R) is false. (D) (A) is false and (R) is true. Answer B
5. World Meteorological Organization's (WMO) objective has been to reduce the number of deaths due to hydro meteorological disasters over the decade 2010-2019 by (with reference to the decade 1994-2003) (A) 25% (B) 50% (C) 75% (D) 80% Answer B 6. Identify the air pollutant in urban areas which irritates eyes and also respiratory tract of human beings (A) Particulate matter (B) Oxides of nitrogen (C) Surface ozone (D) Carbon monoxide Answer C
August 2016 1. The arsenic pollution in ground water in Bangladesh and parts of India is due to (A) industrial waste (B) thermal power plants (C) natural sources (D) agricultural practices Answer C Arsenic contamination of groundwater is a form of groundwater pollution which is often due to naturally occurring high concentrations of arsenic in deeper levels of groundwater.
2.Among the following air pollutants which directly impacts human health as well as climate? (A) Soot (B) Sulphur dioxide (C) Oxides of nitrogen (D) Chlorofluoro carbons Answer A 3. Assertion (A): The problems of environmental sustainability are difficult to resolve Reason (R: Our understanding how environment works and how different human choices affect environment is inadequate. Choose the correct code: (A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). (B) Both (A) and (R) are correct, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A). (C) (A) is true and (R) is false. (D) (A) is false and (R) is true. Answer A
4. The percentage share of electrical power from solar energy in the total electric power generation from all renewable energy sources sought to be achieved by Indian government by the year 2022, is (A) ~ 57.1% (B) ~ 65.5% (C) ~ 47.5% (D) ~ 75% Answer A 5. As part of Intended Nationally Determined contributions, Indian government through additional forest and tree cover has resolved to create an additional carbon sink (in terms of carbon dioxide equivalent) by year 2030 to the extent of (A) 3.5 to 4 billion tons (B) 2.5 to 3 billion tons (C) 1.5 to 2 billion tons (D) 1 to 1.5 billion tons Answer B
6. Which of the following is a meteorological hazard? (A) Avalanche (B) Coastal erosion (C) Landslide (D) Blizzard Answer D Meteorological disasters are caused by extreme weather, e.g. rain, drought, snow, extreme heat or cold, ice, or wind. Violent, sudden and destructive to the environment related to, produced by, or affecting the earth's atmosphere, especially the weather-forming processes Examples of weather disasters include blizzard, cyclones, droughts, hailstorms, heat waves, hurricanes, floods (caused by rain), and tornadoes
Jan 2017 . Assertion (A) : Sustainable development is critical to well being of human society Reason (R) : Environmentally sound policies do not harm the environment or deplete the natural resources. Choose the correct code: (1) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A) (2) Both (A) and (R) are correct, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A). (3) (A) is true and (R) is false. (4) (A) is false and (R) is true. Answer B 2. The dominant source of pollution due to oxides of nitrogen (NOX) in urban areas is (1) road transport (2) commercial sector (3) energy use in industry (4) power plants Answer A
Nov 2017 1 Occurrence of natural hazards is affected by (a) Land use changes (b) Drainage and construction (c) Ozone depletion (d) Climate change Choose the correct answer from the code given below (1) (a), (b) and (c) (2) (a), (b) and (d) (3) (b), (c) and (d) (4) (a), (c) and (d) 2 A, B, D Urbanization and its impact on natural resources, environmental and land use and land cover changes, lead to the occurrence of natural hazards. The study was carried out in one of the rapid urbanization area Natural hazards and major land-use/land-cover change can have significant impacts on humans around the world If these two concerns exist together in a coastal area, the consequences for people and the environment may be severe Some natural hazards can be provoked or affected by anthropogenic processes (e.g. land-use change, drainage and construction)
Among the following fuels of energy, which is the (a) Biogas (b) CNG (c) Hydrogen (d) Ethanol 2 most environments friendly? Answer 4 Ethanol biofuel is energy made from living matter, usually plants. Bioethanol, biodiesel, and biogas are types of biofuels. Biofuels are considered renewable energies, emit less than fossil fuels, and have received increasing attention in the transition to a low-carbon economy Bioethanol (aka ethanol) is the most well know biofuel and is an alcohol produced from corn, sorghum, potatoes, wheat, sugar cane, even cornstalks and vegetable waste. It is commonly blended with gasoline. Ethanol is a complicated issue, but overall is helping ease demand on fossil fuels. Brazil and the United States are the biggest exporters and consumers of ethanol.
Thank you Next Course will be orn Data Interpretatiorn Rate and review the course Recommend the course to your friends