The NEET (UG) test pattern is divided into two sections. There will be questions from four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany. Each subject will be divided into two sections. Section A will have 35 questions and Section B will have 15 questions, out of which candidates have the option to attempt any 10 questions.
The exam pattern and marking scheme for NEET (UG) is given below:
|Sr. No.||Subject||Sections||No. of Questions||Marks (each question carries 4 marks)||Type of Questions|
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
Also check: NEET Study Material
- Each question in the exam carries 4 marks. For each correct answer, candidates will score 4 marks
- In case of an incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score
- To answer a question, an applicant must select the best option
- If more than one option is found to be correct, candidates will be given 4 marks for all or any of the multiple correct/best options they marked In this case, any incorrect option will get minus one mark
- In case, if a student doesn’t attempt or answer a question, no marks will be awarded
- However, if the exam conducting body decides to drop or ignore the question, all candidates will be given four marks regardless of whether they attempted or did not attempt the question
Crack NEET UG with Unacademy
Get subscription and access unlimited live and recorded courses from India’s best educators
Get all the important information related to the NEET UG Examination including the process of application, important calendar dates, eligibility criteria, exam centers etc.
9,257+ courses for NEET UG