Are you planning to appear in the NEET exam this year? We assume that you are already aware that NEET is one of the most popular and significant entrance examinations to get into your dream medical college. The NTA or National Testing Agency manages it. NEET is one of the most anticipated exams for which nearly a whopping 16 lakh students are preparing with utmost dedication and interest. Being a NEET aspirant, you might know that many students have managed to get the perfect score on the NEET exam. It seems like a dream for most; however, many students managed to strike this thrilling score.
Students who aspire to serve the nation as doctors start their preparation in class 11th or class 12th along with their board examinations. On the one hand, where it is believed that there are no shortcuts to studying for NEET, there are a few essential study tips; if followed religiously, you get an edge over more than 16 lakh students appearing with you. With the exam being a few weeks away, the team at Unacademy has jotted down some Important Study Tips for NEET Students that you can go through to achieve great rank. So, without any further ado, let’s get started!
NEET Preparation Tips
- The first and the most crucial point while studying for NEET is to give yourself the time to process all the information taken from lectures, classes, youtube videos, and other sources. Make sure you take out at least 24 hours a week.
- Divide your time as per your preference. There are no video lectures, coaching classes, sessions, mock tests, or anything extra that provides you with information in self-study. Whereas it only includes understanding and learning information that you already have. It includes question-solving, notes, references, and so on.
- The next critical point for all NEET aspirants is making a habit of making diagrams, flow charts, tables, etc. This attracts examiners’ attention and is an excellent way to fetch marks.
- If you’re not able to learn diagrams, the best thing is to practice them at least 50 times. Be it in your worst handwriting, only practice it.
- This goes without saying, practise the previous year’s question papers. Without this, nothing works. After writing answers, make sure you have an explanation of why you’ve marked this particular option. For this, you’ve to be conceptually strong.
- If you’re preparing for 2023, participate only in small study groups. There should be no more than two people. Make sure you all are guiding each other throughout this journey.
- While studying for NEET, you need regular breaks. There will be times when your body will be exhausted on this journey. Make sure you’re giving enough breaks to your body. You can follow to sit for 25 mins and take a break of 5 mins only.
- Take proper food and naps. Do not eat junk food and cut off sugar intake.
- Stick to a constant routine. Whatever your target is, make sure you fit yourself into a proper routine where you’re not too harsh.
- If you’re in class 12th, stick to the class 12th syllabus. Do not hop onto the 11th syllabus.
- Make small and realistic targets only.
- Give enough time for self-study.
Note that low or high weightage does not make any difference if you aim for a high rank in the NEET examination. Focus on reducing the number of units as it will release the pressure in your mind.
We come to the end of the topic Important Study Tips for NEET Students. Today, we discussed practical study tips that every NEET aspirant should follow even though they appear for the exam. Apart from these tips, a great strategy and taking up regular mocks can genuinely contribute to your success. Before sitting for the exam, make sure you’re well-prepared with all questions because all questions are essential if you’re to become the topper.
Pick the right books and courses because they can significantly change your journey to become a topper. Once you have the right mix of books, it can help. In addition, keep your notes and previous year’s question papers handy as they are indispensable.