The National Testing Authority (NTA) conducted the NEET UG exam in offline mode on September 12, 2021.
Below is the detailed analysis of NEET UG 2021 papers. The general difficulty level of the exam was rated moderate. Students can go through the analysis of papers to understand the kind of questions asked in the 2021 exam and their difficulty levels so that they can prepare for NEET UG accordingly.
NEET UG 2021 exam analysis
Here is a breakup of the difficulty level of all the three papers in NEET UG 2021 exam:
|Subject||Level of difficulty|
|Physics||Difficult and time-consuming|
|Chemistry||Easy-to-solve questions were included|
|Biology||Easy-to-solve questions were included|
NEET UG 2021 – Physics Paper Analysis
Here’s the analysis of NEET 2021 physics paper:
- The physics portion was rather long.
- Seventy percent of the questions on the paper were numerical.
- Questions on optics, semiconductors, and the photoelectric effect were particularly difficult.
- 20 questions were based on the electrodynamics topic.
- Mechanics had 15 questions, Heat had 2 questions, SHM Waves had 2 questions Optics had 4 questions, and Modern Physics and Electronics had 7 questions.
- According to the NEET-UG analysis 2021, section A had 35 questions and section B had 15 questions Section A of the paper had 11 questions from the 11th-grade curriculum and 14 questions from the 12th-grade NCERT curriculum.
- Section A of the paper comprised 12 simple questions, 20 medium-level questions and three tough questions.
Also see: NEET Physics Study Material
NEET UG 2021 – Chemistry Paper Analysis
- Students found the chemistry paper simple
- It included NCERT-based questions and the section was not very long.
- There were five numerical problems, three of which were based on graphs and three were of the matching kind.
- Overall, in comparison to the previous year, the Chemistry NEET-UG paper was marginally tougher.
- The paper had 16 questions from Physical Chemistry, 17 questions from Inorganic Chemistry and 17 questions from Organic Chemistry.
- Section-A of the NEET 2021 had 35 questions, 15 from the syllabus of classes 11 and 12, mostly from the NCERT only.
- The section had 14 simple questions, 17 moderate-level questions, and 4 tough questions.
- In Section B, there were a total of 15 questions.
- There were five questions from the 11th grade and ten from the 12th-grade curriculum.
Also check: NEET Chemistry Study Material
NEET UG 2021 – Biology Paper Analysis
- Both Botany and Zoology were easy to moderate.
- The NCERT curriculum was used to create the questions.
- The Biology NEET paper covered almost 90% of the NCERT curriculum.
- The paper had 11-12 questions related to Biotechnology.
- Around 4 questions were asked from the areas of locomotion and movement in Human Physiology.
- According to the NEET topic-by-topic analysis, most questions in the exam were from Biomolecules, Cell Biology and Genetics.
- Ecology-related questions were also asked in Botany and Zoology.
Also read: NEET Biology Study Material