The online counselling for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG (Undergraduate) examination 2022 will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of the Directorate General of Health Services for the Undergraduate Medical Courses. Detailed information for online counselling will be available for the students on the official website of MCC for UG medical and dental courses. On the basis of the merit list released by the National Testing Agency, the candidates can register for the NEET AIQ counselling through the official website i.e. mcc.nic.in. NEET AIQ counselling will be conducted in four rounds first, second, and mop-up round which is followed by the stray vacancy round. MCC releases the admission cut-off after every round of counselling. Get the NEET counselling details on this page.
NEET 2022 – Counselling Process
NEET Counselling Schedule 2022
NEET 2022 counselling procedure is expected to be started in the 1st week of October 2022. The state-wise counselling is also expected to be held in a similar timeline.
NEET Counselling 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Those candidates who qualify for the NEET exam will be eligible to apply for the NEET 2022 counselling.
- The candidates who will register for the NEET 2022 counselling on the official website of MCC.
- The candidates who belong to Jammu and Kashmir would not be eligible to appear in the NEET counselling unless they provide their consent.
- This counselling is open to all NEET qualified candidates.
MBBS Abroad | Fee Structure | Top Colleges
Rank v/s Marks | Which College to Choose?
NEET Counselling Process 2022
MCC will conduct the NEET counselling for the AIQ seats. It includes 4 rounds first round, second round, mop-up round and stray vacancy round. Once the second round of counselling is completed, the remaining seats will be filled in the next round which is the mop-up round and then they will proceed to the stray vacancy round. Check the steps provided below-
Step One – In the first step, complete the MCC NEET registration process which includes the payments too.
Step Two – Start filling up your choices and make sure you do lock them as well.
Step Three- After that round-one seat allotment result will be announced.
Step Four – The shortlisted candidates will be required to report at the allotted Dental and Medical Centres.
Step Five – Round 2 net vacant seats will be published.
Step Six – NEET counselling round 2 registration and fresh choice filling for the NEET counselling round two will be conducted.
Step Seven – Second-round seat allocation will be done.
Step Eight – Reporting to the dental college/medical college/institutions for the preparation for round 2.
Note – The candidates once joined the allotted seats will not be allowed to vacate the seat.
MCC Counselling Details 2022
The MCC will conduct the counselling for the following:
- 15% of the All India Quota seats of states for admissions into MBBS/BDS [according to the information provided by the Jammu and Kashmir authorities they will participate in the counselling from 2022-23.
- 100% B.Sc (Nursing) of selected Central B.Sc. Nursing Institutes
- AFMC admissions through registration only.
- 15% of All India Quota Seats of Insured persons and ESIC quota seats.
- Jamia Open seats for the Faculty of Dentistry [Jamia Millia Islamia] and the internal seats.
- 85% of internal quota or domicile seats of DU/IP University [VMMC/ABVIMS/ESIC Dental]
- AMU Open and internal seats
- AIIMS Open seats – 100% MBBS seats of AIIMS across India
- 100% of MBBS/BDS seats of BHU Open
- JIPMER Open (Puducherry/ Karaikal) & Internal seats (Domicile)
Reservation policy for the 15% AIQ & Central Institutes
- EWS: 10% according to the Central Government Norms
- OBC [Non-Creamy Layer]: 27% according to the Central List of OBC
- PwD: 5% of Horizontal Reservation
- ST: 7.5%
- SC: 15%
Reservation policy for the Deemed Universities
- Jain and Muslim Minority
- NRI quota
- Candidates from the creamy layer and those who do not fall under the Central List of OBC must specify their category as Unreserved/General.
- The disability centres in the MCC chapter that “ for participating in the MCC counselling, the disability certificate uploaded in MCC Information Bulletin may be referred which must be issued by one of the 15 designated disability issuing certificate board
Documents required for NEET Counselling 2022
The candidates need the following documents with them at the time of the NEET Counselling. Bring them with you to the NEET examination centre –
- NEET scorecard/rank letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet
- NEET 2022 admit card
- ID Proof
- 8 passport size photographs
- Class 12 certificate and its mark sheet
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- PWD Certificate (if required)
- Provisional allotment letter