Add Your Registration Details For NEET 2024
The NEET 2024 examination has been scheduled for May 5, 2024. The National Testing Agency (NTA) officially revealed this examination date on September 19, along with the announcement of dates for other prominent entrance exams like JEE Main, CUET, and more.
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria: The National Testing Agency (NTA) unveils the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria for medical aspirants through the official website neet.nta.nic.in. As the year 2024 draws near, it’s imperative for candidates to acquaint themselves with the NEET eligibility criteria to ensure qualification prerequisites are met, enhancing their chances of success.
NEET Eligibility Criteria: Age limitThe following guidelines should be considered by candidates:
- The minimum age limit of a candidate to apply for the NEET UG is 17 years, i.e they should complete the age on or before 31 December of the year of admission to the Undergraduate program
- The upper age limit for NEET-UG is 25 years as of the date of examination. there’s a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC-NCL and PwBD category candidates
NEET Eligibility Criteria: NationalityThe following candidates can apply for the NEET UG exam-
- Indian nationals
- Overseas citizen of India or OCI
- Foreign nationals
- Non-resident Indians or NRIs
- Persons with Indian origin or PIO
NEET 2024 Eligibility for NRI/Foreign Students
- Candidates educated abroad must meet NEET eligibility criteria equivalent to Class 12 in their respective country. This includes studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and passing theory and practical tests in these subjects, along with English.
- NRIs, OCIs, and Foreign Nationals can seek admission in Medical/Dental Colleges following rules set by State Governments, Institutions, and the Government of India.
- NRI/OCI candidates need to provide a certificate from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their residence country.
- Foreign applicants must upload proof of nationality, such as passport pages or a certificate from their country’s Competent Authority, with their NEET 2024 application.
NEET Eligibility Criteria: Educational QualificationsCandidates appearing for the NEET UG must meet the following educational or academic qualifications-
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or any equivalent exam from a recognised board or institution
- Aspirants who have not completed Class 12 but expecting results soon can also apply for the NEET UG exam
- Candidates who have cleared Class 12 from any open school or institute can also apply for the exam
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with subjects such as Physics, Biology, and Chemistry
- The qualifying percentage of Class 12 to apply for the NEET UG exam is divided according to the categories of candidates that are mentioned below-
- General- 50 percent
- SC/ST/OBC- 40 percent
- PwD- 45 percent
Quota seatsFor 15 percent quota- Candidates who clear the NEET exam can apply for the 15 percent of All India Quota seats or AIQ seats. In this quota, the counselling process is conducted at an all India level by MCI or Medical Council of India. Candidates who belong to Jammu and Kashmir cannot apply for this quota. The only condition under which they can apply is that they have to fill a self-declaration form that needs to be submitted along with the NEET application form. The self-declaration form states that the candidate wants to participate in the 15 percent quota and is ready to forgo the home-state counselling. Candidates who apply via the AIQ 15 percent quota are eligible to score their seats at ESIC, AFMC colleges, or deemed universities. For 85 percent quota- The counselling for this quota is also conducted by state authorities only and candidates must fulfill all the guidelines pertaining to the NEET UG eligibility criteria that are set by the state or UTs authorities. The allotment of seats under this quota is applicable to candidates who have cleared Class 10 and Class 12 from Delhi. On the other hand, the institutional seats of AMU will only be open to AMU students.
NEET Qualification Codes 2023