NEET stands for National Eligibility Com Entrance Test. It is a single-level national exam taken by candidates applying for admission to medical programs at various medical schools around the country. In place of the current system of many entrance tests conducted at the state level, the exam will be the sole medical entrance exam necessary for admission to AIIMS & JIPMER institutes as of 2020.
How to Prepare for NEET from Class 11?
The exam’s level of competitiveness is escalating year after year. One has to have the most excellent plan if one wants to succeed and be eligible to fill a medical seat. A study plan, thorough revisions, mastery of the NCERT curriculum for classes 11 and 12, familiarity with previous exam questions, and other factors must all be included in the plan. Aspire high! A comprehensive strategy that considers your strong points and weaknesses may be helpful.
- Understand the NEET Syllabus.
- Essential subjects for NEET
- Good Study Material
Subject-wise Study Plan for NEET
NEET Study Plan for Physics
- For the fundamentals, start with NCERT physics textbooks and then consult works like H.C. Verma.
- Ask lots of questions in practice. Fix conceptual issues.
- When resolving issues, be mindful of the units and the signs.
- Avoid errors.
NEET Study Plan for Chemistry
- Prioritise comprehending the core idea before trying to memorise anything else.
- Read your NCERT inorganic chemistry textbooks.
- Understand the mechanism, exceptions, and named reactions in organic chemistry. Not all equations are in physical chemistry, so you can quickly refer to them while addressing issues.
NEET Study Plan for Biology
- To clarify your fundamental ideas, study your NCERT textbook, and understand facts, language, procedures, and other scientific studies.
- Consult the books listed in the table for more information.
- For better understanding, keep reviewing.
NEET Exam Syllabus
The NEET curriculum includes every subject that needs to be studied in detail in order to pass the exam. Candidates may get the NEET curriculum 2022 in Pdf file format as from table below (by topic). By following the link below, candidates can receive their NEET 2022 curriculum as a free PDF download.
|NEET Syllabus 2022 PDF
|NEET Physics curriculum
|NEET Chemistry course material
|NEET 2022 Biology course curriculum
Book for NEET preparation
Below given are some best recommendations of books essential for NEET preparation.
Best NEET Study Guide 2023: Biology Textbooks
Let’s examine the top Biology NEET 2023 study guide.
- The Objective Biology of Trueman (Volumes 1 and 2)
- A Biology Textbook by Pradeep (For Class 11 and 12)
- KN Bhatia’s Dinesh Practical Biology (Sets of Volumes 1, 2, and 3)
- The Objective Biology of GR Bathla (Volume 1 and 2)
Best NEET Study Guide 2023: Physics Textbooks
Let’s examine the top Physics NEET 2023 study guide.
- HC Verma’s Concepts of Physics
- DC Pandey’s Objective Physics for NEET (Volumes 1 and 2)
- Physics MCQ by Deb Mukherji, from Fundamentals in Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
Best NEET Study Guide 2023: Chemistry Textbooks
Let’s examine the top Chemistry NEET 2023 study guide.
- Tandon’s Physical Chemistry
- SP Jauhar’s Modern ABC in Chemistry for Classes 12 and 11 (Volumes 1 and 2).
- JD Lee’s Concise Inorganic Chemistry
- NCERT Organic Chemistry Objective for Oxford Presented to You by MTG Publications
Subject-wise Revision Strategy for NEET
Here is the NEET exam revision plan broken down by subject.
NEET Physics Review Techniques
Use a formula notebook you created for revision. The most straightforward strategy to review Physics is to have formulae and critical concepts from each chapter.
If you haven’t succeeded, review the formulas and the underlined portions of your notes. Then, answer the questions you could not complete in a single sitting the first time.
When answering questions, permanently mark items according to their difficulty level and the number of times you tried to answer them. This way, the next time, you may only answer the questions that you failed to answer the first time.
NEET Chemistry Review Techniques
Just review the formulae and critical concepts. Create some inorganic and organic reaction flashcards. Similar advice as in physics for answering questions.
NEET Biology Review Techniques
Go through the highlights from your notes, coaching materials, or NCERT. Take a quick 5-minute look at the chapter as a whole first, on to more complex concepts and pictures.
Try to clarify concepts and illustrations to yourself; this will help you remember the material much better.
Things to Avoid in NEET preparation
Here are some factors a NEET aspirant must avoid while preparing for the exam to avoid any distractions or mislead of study.
Procrastination and Inconsistency
You should not procrastinate in your NEET preparation because it is a lazy habit. Having the habit of completing your assignments and homework on time can help you reach your objective. Be dependable. Keep to your study strategy and timetable. Being trapped is acceptable. It’s not to be stagnant. Get moving. ASAP, dispel your concerns.
Studying shouldn’t interfere with watching TV, falling asleep, or thinking about anything other than your preparation. Always pay attention in class. While you’re looking for your examinations, do nothing else.
Too much TV and Social Media
Avoid doing anything that would waste your valuable time; NEET preparation requires your full attention and commitment; everything else may wait.
Volume over Quality
More important than the number is quality. Your chances of succeeding in NEET do not rise with the number of books you read. You should be familiar with the NEET syllabus & steer clear of questions that are too difficult for the test. It is advised to consult coaching study materials.
Long Study Sessions
If studying for long periods makes you tired, stop. After 45 to 60 minutes of study, taking brief breaks can increase productivity.
Negative Individuals and Ideas
Remain with the group of upbeat individuals that inspire you. It would help if you had assistance from those close to you, whether they be your friends, peers, parents, or instructors.
Studying the NCERT books will result in the finest NEET preparation. Keep to your timetable and study diligently. Exam patterns and syllabi should be reviewed. As you prepare, remember what you read because negative markings may be used. Be upbeat and give it your all. You’ll make it.