This engineering entrance examination will be conducted by one of the IITs. It is expected to be conducted in the month of June 2023. JEE exam is the national level exam every year by one of the 7 IITs: IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Roorkee in the rotational matter. This exam is conducted under the guidance of the JAB (Joint Admission Board). The candidates who qualify for the JEE Mains will be able to appear for the JEE Advanced. There will be 2 papers which are mandatory for qualifying which are Paper-1 and 2, in the JEE Advanced. The exam duration for each JEE Advanced paper is three hours. Read this article carefully to find out more information about JEE Advanced 2023 exam dates, eligibility, exam syllabus, pattern, etc.
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Overview
The candidates who are appearing for the JEE Advanced 2023 can get the exam overview with the help of the below-providing table –
|Name of the exam||JEE Advanced (Joint Entrance Exam Advanced)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Any one from the 7 IIT zone|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Languages||English and Hindi|
|Exam application mode||Online|
|Number of papers||2|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Available seats||16k approx|
|Offered Courses||BTec, BArch, BS, Dual degree courses, Masters such as MTech, MSc|
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Dates
The exam date for the JEE Advanced 2023 will be released soon on the official website. The candidates can check the schedule from the below-provided table –
|Exam Events||Exam Schedule|
|Registration process starts||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date to fill out the application form||1st week of Jun 2023|
|Last date for payment of the application fee||2nd week of Jun 2023|
|Availability of hall ticket||2nd week of Jun 2023|
|JEE Advanced 2023 exam date||3rd week of Jun 2023|
|Provisional answer key||4th week of Jun 2023|
|Final answer key availability||1st week of Jul 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of Jul 2023|
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check and fulfil the JEE Advanced 2023 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Here, we have listed the criteria for the candidates –
Nationality – All Indian candidates are eligible to apply for the JEE Advanced 2023 exam including OCI and PIO. Under the 10% of supernumerary seat quota, foreign nationals are also eligible to appear in the exam.
Age Limit – The general category quota and OBC categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1998. Also, for the categories SC/ST/PwD, 5 years of age relaxation has been provided. They must have been born after or on October 1, 1993.
Required Subjects – The candidates need to have Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics as the mandatory subjects in the grade 12th.
Academic Qualifications – The candidates must have passed the grade 12th examination or its equivalent in the year 2022 or 2023.
Number of attempts – One candidate can give this exam only 2 times in 2 consecutive academic years.
Minimum Required Percentage – If a candidate got the 75% in their 12th or equivalent exam, they are eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced.
JEE Main Performace – To appear in the JEE Mains exam the candidates must be among top 2.5 lacs for JEE Mains qualified candidates to be eligible for the JEE advanced 2023 exam.
JEE Advanced 2023 Application Form
The candidates can fill out the JEE Advanced 2023 application form online through the official website. The application form for JEE Advanced 2023 will be available at jeeadv.ac.in. The candidates who are eligible for the exam can register and fill in the required details by entering their personal, and academic details. Once they complete the JEE Advanced 2023 application form, they will have to upload the required documents and submit the form followed by paying the JEE Advanced 2023 application fee. The candidates can check the steps here –
- Open the official website
- Now, make a login with the roll number and password
- Now, fill in the required details such as academic qualification details, personal details, exam centres, etc
- In this step, you will have to upload the required documents
- Now, proceed to pay the JEE Advanced 2023 registration fee
- Submit the form and take a copy of it
JEE Advanced 2023 Application Fee
The candidates can check the JEE Advanced 2023 application fee for the centres inside India and outside India.
JEE Advanced 2023 Application Fee for Indian Examination Cities
|Nationality of Candidate||Category||Amount|
|Indian Candidates||SC, ST, PwD Categores||1400 INR|
|Indian Candidates||Female Candidates (all categories)||1400 INR|
|Indian Candidates||All Other Candidates||2800 INR|
|Foreign Canddiates||SAARC candidates||75 USD|
|Foreign Canddiates||Candidates from Non-SAARC nations||150 USD|
JEE Advanced 2023 Application Fee for Examination Centres in Foreign countries
|Nationality of candidate||Category||Amount|
|Indian Candidates||Indian Candidates||75 USD|
|Foreign Candidates||SAARC candidates||75 USD|
|Foreign Candidates||Non-SAARC candidates||150 USD|
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Pattern
The JEE Advanced 2023 exam pattern will include the details such as marking scheme, number of questions, exam mode, type of questions, etc. Here you can check the complete details of the JEE Advanced 2023 exam pattern –
- Mode of Examination – Online (CBT Mode)
- Number of papers – There will be 2 papers and both are mandatory.
- Duration of exam – The exam duration will be 3 hours provided for each paper (4 hours for the disabled candidates)
- Type of questions – According to the marking scheme, for each correct answer marks will vary while for the incorrect answer, the negative marking will be done in a few formats.
- Paper Language – English and Hindi
- Subjects – The questions will be from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Check the below-provided table for Paper 1 and 2 questions and marking schemes –
|Subjects||Total no of questions||Total no of marks||Each question’s mark||Negative marking|
|Subjects||Total no of questions||Total no of marks||Each question’s mark||Negative marking|
|Subjects||No of questions||Total no of marks|
JEE Advanced 2023 Syllabus
The revised syllabus which will be applicable from JEE Advanced 2023 has been released on the official website. The detailed syllabus of JEE Advanced 2023 mentioned below will give you an idea of the topics included in each subject.
- General Topics
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnestism
- Electromagtic Waves
- Modern Physics
- General Topics
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- s-Block Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d-Block Elements
- f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Isolation of Metals
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
- Environmental Chemistry
- Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Alkenes and Alkynes
- Alkyl Halides
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Practical Organic Chemistry
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Probability and Statistics
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
Also see: JEE 2023 Preparation Books
JEE Advanced 2023 Admit Card
The candidates can download the JEE Advanced 2023 hall ticket form the official website. The hall ticket includes information such as the exam date, exam centre, exam timings, and candidates’ details such as their name, category, date of birth, roll number, etc. The candidates need to carry their JEE Advanced 2023 admit card to the allotted exam centre with valid ID proof. If a candidate fails to carry the admit card to the centre without valid ID proof, they will not be allowed to sit in the examination. Here, we have mentioned the steps to download the JEE Advanced 2023 hall ticket –
- Open the JEE Advanced official website and search for the hall ticket link.
- Once you find the link click on the Download JEE Advanced 2023 hall ticket/admit card link.
- Now, login to the portal with the login credentials such as roll number, registration number and passwords.
- JEE Advanced 2023 hall ticket will be displayed on the screen.
- Cross-check all the details mentioned on the hall ticket.
- Once you cross-checked the details, download and take a print for the same for your reference.
IIT Bombay releases the JEE Advanced 2022 question paper on the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in. The candidates who are planning to appear for the exam or have appeared for the exam can check the JEE Advanced question paper with solution pdf 2022 from here. With the help of this question paper PDFs for JEE Advanced, the candidates can check the questions asked in the exam. The answer key for JEE Advanced 2022 will be made available on September 11 onwards after considering all the objections.
JEE Advanced 2022 Question Paper – Download PDFs
JEE Advanced 2022 Question Paper 1
JEE Advanced 2022 Question Paper 2
JEE Advanced 2023 Answer KeyThe JEE Advanced 2023 answer key will be released online for both papers. The exam conducting authority will release the answer key on the official website. Also, a provisional answer key will be released first so that the candidates can raise objections if they have any. Once their objections are resolved the final JEE Advanced 2023 answer key will be released along with the result. Here, you can check the steps to download the JEE Advanced 2023 answer key –
- Open the JEE Advanced official website.
- Now find the answer key link for JEE Advanced 2023.
- JEE Advanced 2023 answer key PDF will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the answer key and check the responses.
- You will be able to predict your estimated scores.
JEE Advanced 2023 ResultThe candidates can check the JEE Advanced 2023 result on their official website. The result can be seen with the help of the login credentials such as roll number, date of birth and other required information. The candidates can expect the JEE advanced 2023 result in the month of June. Those who will qualify for the exam will get the text on their registered mobile number. The candidates will not get any scorecard or result through post or any other offline medium.
JEE Advanced 2023 CounsellingThe candidates who qualify for the JEE Advanced 2023 exam will be able to participate in the counselling process. JEE Advanced 2023 counselling will be conducted by JoSAA. To enrol in the counselling process, the candidates need to do the JoSAA registration first and choose the desired course and college. This will be done on the basis of their JEE Advanced 2023 rank. On the basis of seat availability, the counselling process will be conducted in multiple rounds. During the JEE Advanced 2023 counselling process, document verification will also be done.
Preparation Tips for JEE Advanced 2023 Exam
- Do not create a study timetable right after the release date of the exam
- Set small goals that can be easily achieved and increase over the time being
- If you have a routine and built the consistent studies habits then make a final timetable.
- Be consistent about your studies and for that daily studies are required.
- You need to stay away from social media and other distractions.
- Use NCERT as well as good study material for the JEE exam. It will cover the basics of all the subjects.
- When you are studying a topic, then cover the theory part first and then go to the practice questions.
- Practice is a way to understand concepts in a better manner.
- Make a problem-solving nature so that you can crack harder problems easily. For that, first, start solving the easy problems first, when you will be able to solve the smaller problems, you will start solving the bigger problems.
- Get all your doubts clear from the faculty and do not pile them up.
- Write your own notes from the start of the preparation.
10,505+ courses for IIT JEE