Niharika John Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
IDIOMS FOR DIFFERENT SITUATIONS WHEN YOU DESCRIBE LAW & ORDER' By- Niharika John Mehra Follow me on : https://unacademy.com/user/niharika 1192
About Me: Mass Communication graduate & post graduation student for M.A. (English Literature) English trainer at Unacademy Freelance personality development trainer Kindly share, rate, review and recommend
1. In Black and White Meaning : means there is written proof of something Eg: I want every single detail in black and white. They won the case because they had everything in black and white.
2. Caught Red-Handed Meaning : person is caught while doing something wrong or illegal Eg: The police arrived as the burglar was leaving the house. He was caught red-handed. There is no chance of him getting bail because he was caught red handed.
3. Null and Void Meaning: something that has no legal force or is invalid -Eg: The contract was declared null and void by the court I came to know that this project is null and void.
4. Open-and-Shut Case Meaning: case in which the facts are so clear that the matter can be dealt with or solved easily Eg: He was caught driving the stolen car. It's an open-and-shut case. There are many witness to this accident. It's an open and shut case.
5. Smoking Gun eaning: a piece of evidence or the indisputable sign of someone's guilt Eg: I he tingerprints left on the door-handle was the smoking gun that enabled the police to arrest him. CCTV camera footage is the smoking gun in this case.
Thank You Please don't forget to share, rate, review and recommend