Niharika John Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
IDIOMS FOR DIFFERENT SITUATIONS WHEN YOU DESCRIBE DANGER/SAFETY" By- Niharika John Mehra Follow me on : https://unacademy.com/user/niharika 1192
About Me: Mass Communication graduate & post graduation student for M.A. (English Literature) English trainer at Unacademy Freelance personality development trainer Kindly share, rate, review and recommend
1. Calculated Risk en with full knowledge of t dangers involved -Eg: The company took a calculated risk when they hired George straight out of college. It was a calculated risk to invest in this scheme.
2. Close Shave Meaning: a situation where an accident or a disaster nearly happened Eg: He almost hit the child who ran out in front of my car. It was a close shave It was a close shave when Roy pulled away Shawn from jumping out of terrace
3. Dicey Situation Meaning: any situation that is potentially risky or dangerous Eg: Soldiers put themselves in a dicey situation daily. ey have planned against Riya and now she is in dicey situation.
4. Play with Fire Meaning : people who take unnecessary risks or behave in a dangerous way Eg: Driving alone on isolated roads in this weather is playing with fire They play with fire daily.
5. Watch One's Step Meaning: you are advising them to be careful how they behave in order to avoid danger Eg: There is zero tolerance in this school for bad behaviour, so watch your step! We must watch our step from now on.
Thank You Please don't forget to share, rate, review and recommend