Niharika John Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
IDIOMS FOR DIFFERENT SITUATIONS WHEN YOU DESCRIBE CHOICES' By- Niharika John Mehra Follow me on : https://unacademy.com/user/niharika 1192
About Me: Mass Communication graduate & post graduation student for M.A. (English Literature) English trainer at Unacademy Freelance personality development trainer Kindly share, rate, review and recommend
1. As Broad as it's Long Meaning : means that there is no real difference which alternative is chosen Eg: Take the high-speed train, or fly and take a taxi? It's as broad as it's long. We can go to any movie as both are as broad as it's long in entertainment.
2. Cherry Pick Meaning : when you cherry pick, you choose something with great care and select only the best Eg: Top university graduates are often cherry-picked by large companies. She always cherry picks her clothes.
3. On the Fence hen faced with a choice, a Eg: The candidates have such similar ideas that many She is still on the fence regarding her marriage date. has not yet reached a decision electors are still on the fence.
4. In Two Minds Meaning : you have difficulty in deciding what to do Eg: I'm in two minds about whether or not to accept the offer. Right now, David is in two minds as he is liking both the flats.
5. My Way or the Highway Meaning : either they accept to do as you say or they leave the project/thing Eg: You don't have much choice when someone says: it's my way or the highway'. Yesterday Ria told him finally that's it's her way or the highway.
Thank You Please don't forget to share, rate, review and recommend