QUESTION PAPER ANALYSIS MPPSC PRE 2017: MISCELLANEOUS By Surya Pratap Singh
About Me:- Hometown : Bhind, Madhya Pradesh Completed Engineering (ECE, 2016) from SATI, Vidisha. Currently working as SAP BASIS Consultant in TCS Rate Review - Recommend - Share Follow Me on https://unacademy.com/user/Surya12pratap
Instructions:- Try to solve the questions before watching analysis or answer of that. Comment your score, in comment section (Be honest). . Also, If you have doubt in any question or topic, please comment. * In this we are covering MCQs from different section, not falling in a particular section.
1. In which year was the Water Pollution Prevention and Control Act Enforced :- 1. 1980 2. 1974 3. 1981 4. None
Answer :- 2 Explanation :- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act was enacted in 1974 to provide for the prevention and control of water pollution, and for the maintaining or restoring of wholesomeness of water in the country
2. Where is Ras Tanura Oil Refinery located? 1. Iran 1. Tran 2. United States of America 3. Saudi Arbia 4. Iraq
Answer :-3 Explanation - Ras Tanura is a City in Saudi Arbia. And this oil refinery is located there.
3. The tenure of the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission is :- 1. 3 Years 2. 4 Years 3. 5 Years 4. 6 Years
Answer :-3 Explanation :- In the composition of NHRC, Chairperson, should be retired Chief Justice of India for the tenure of 5 years. Right now, Justice H.L. Dattu is the Chairperson of NHRC.
4. What are 'Ranjit Sub 1' and 'Bahadur Sub - 1'? 1. Two Fighter Planes 2. Two Submarines 3. Two new varieties of paddy 4 Two new varieties of wheat
5. Sunil Lanba is :- 1. The author of the novel, Masiha 2. A Famous Hindi Novelist 3. The 23rd Naval Chief Of India 4. The Director General of Border Security Force
7. When was the State Bank of India established? 1. 1954 2. 1955 3. 1956 4. 1957
8. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched? 1. First World Climate Conference 1979 2. First Earth Summit - Agenda 21 3. Earth Summit + 5- 1997 4. Carbon Trading - Montreal Protocol
Answer :-4 Explanation :- * First Earth Summit was held in 1992. and this Earth Summit resulted in the following documents . Agenda 21 . Rio Declaration on Environment and Development . Forest Principles * Earth Summit +5 To review the five year progress of First Earth Summit, held in 1997. First world Climate Conference 1979 in Geneva
Answer:- 4 Explanation :- * Carbon Trading - Carbon trading is the process of buying and selling permits and credits to emit carbon dioxide. It is made with the objective to reduce emission of Co2 gas, so that Global warming can be reduced. Kyoto Protocol is related to this. *Montreal Protocol :- The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer is an international treaty designed to protect the ozone layer by phasing out the production of numerous substances that are responsible for ozone depletion. Signed in 1987. * India has agreed to freeze production of Hydrofluorocarbons in 2028, and this decision is taken on 28th meeting of parties to Montreal protocol held in October 2016 in Kigali, Rwanda.