QUESTION PAPER ANALYSIS MPPSC PRE 2017: GENERAL SCIENCE By Surya Pratap Singh
About Me:- Hometown : Bhind, Madhya Pradesh Completed Engineering (ECE, 2016) from SATI, Vidisha. Currently working as SAP BASIS Consultant in TCS Rate Review - Recommend - Share Follow Me on https://unacademy.com/user/Surya12pratap
Instructions:- Try to solve the questions before watching analysis or answer of that. Comment your score, in comment section (Be honest). . Also, If you have doubt in any question or topic, please comment. * In this we are covering MCQs from Health, General Science, Environment etc.
1. What is botanical name of Opium? 1. Emblica Officinalis 2. Papver Somniferum 3. Rauwolfia Serpentina 4. Cinchona Spp
Answer 2 Explanation Papaver somniferum is the scientific name for Opium. Emblica Officinalis - Amla Rauwolfia Serpentina - Indian Snakeroot, A kind of Flower Cinchona Spp - A kind of Flower.
2. Sound Waves travel fastest in :- 1. Solids 2. Liquids 3. Gases 4. Vacuum
Answer1 Explanation Sound need a substance to travel through and particles vibrating. And the particles in Solid are more together, than in a gas or liquid. Source: Google solid liquid gas
3. Smallpox was declared eradicated from the world in :- 1. 1975 2. 1980 3. 1996 4. 2008
Answer 2 Explanation : It was declared eradicated in 1980 following a global immunization campaign led by the World Health Organization.
4. A Bacteriophage is a:- 1. Bacterium with a tail 2. Newly formed bacterium 3. Bacterium infecting virus 4. Virus infecting bacterium
5. To study meiosis in plants, the best part would be :- 1. Shoot Apex 2. Root Apex 3. Anthers 4. Leaf Cells
7. In human eyes, the image of an object is formed on :- 1. Cornea 2. iris 3. Pupil 4. Retina
8. Which of the following diseases is caused by Protozoa? 1. Cholera 2. Diphtheria 3. Pneumonia 4. Maleria
Answer 4 Explanation: * Cholera caused by - bacterium called Vibrio cholerae *Diphtheria caused by - bacterial infection *Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that is caused by bacteria Malaria is a mosquito-borne infectious disease affecting humans and other animalscaused by parasitic protozoans
9. The power of a lens is measured in 1. Dioptre 2. Aeon 3. Lumen 4. Candela
12. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched? 1. Vitamin A - Maculan 2. Vitamin B - Maculan 3. Vitamin C - James Lind 4. Vitamin D - Paul Muller
13. The "Laughing Gas" is:- 1. Hydrogen Peroxide 2. Nitrous Oxide 3. Carbon Monoxide 4. Sulphur Dioxide
Answer 2 Explanation Hydrogen peroxide - Mild Antiseptic Nitrous oxide - Laughing Gas Carbon Monoxide - It is a very toxic gas, Sulfur dioxide is sometimes used as a preservative for dried apricots. . .
Answer 3 Explanation :According to Newton's First Law of Motion , " An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force." And, in this case a friction force is acting in the opposite direction of motion.