NTA NET PAPER 1 75 DAYS DAILY MCQ SERIES BY TALVIR SINGH
ABOUT ME M.Com & MBA From PU CHANDIGARH JRF QUALIFIED IN COMMERCE WORKING AS ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 2 TIMES UNIVERSITY COLOR HOLDER BEST DEBATER OF PUNJAB (2017) BEST POET OF PU CHANDIGARH (2016) COMEDY ADDICT FREELANCE MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER YOUTUBER dem unaca
DAY 10 GENERAL AWARENESS
1. According to the All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) what is the GER (Gross Enrolment Ratio) in higher education for the year 2016-17? a) 21.5% b) 25.2% c) 23.5% d) 24.5%
It said the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education had gone up 25.2% in 2016-17 from 24.5% in 2015-16. . Although India aims to attain a GER of 30% by 2020, it's still much behind countries like China, which, currently, boasts an enrolment ratio of 43.39%. USA's GER is 85.8% and Pakistan's is 9.93%.
2. India has set a target of achieving - higher education by 2020? a) 25% b) 28% c) 32% d) 30% in
3. According to the survey, the number of universities in India rose to compared to in 2015-16? a) 864 b) 866 c) 870 d) 875 last year as
. The number of educational institutes on the AISHE portal had also increased. All India Survey on Higher Education has detailed information on 864 universities and 40026 colleges. There were a total of 864 universities in the country last year compared to 799 in 2015-16
4. Which state has topped in respect to the Gross Enrolment Ration in Higher Education? a) Punjab b) Haryana c) Bihar d) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu emerged as the leader in the country in terms of GER in higher education. It witnessed a GER of 46.9%. It also did well in terms of males and females GER figures and the figures for the scheduled castes.
. Bihar's poor show continues with just 14.9% of its eligible population (in the age group of 18 to 23 years) pursuing higher education.
7. India's First Design University is to be established -? Bathinda Sonipat . Kaithal * Gurgaon
10. The rank of India in terms of total institutes represented in Times Higher Education Emerging Economies University Rankings 2018 is 1. First 2. Second 3. Third 4. Tenth
JRF Qualified | Motivational Speaker | Comedy Addict | Lyricist | 5 Year Teaching Experience |Youtuber | Unacademy Top Educator