Practice set of MCQ's By- Yasmin Gill
About me .Yasmin Gill .BE(EEE) from UIET,PU .Qualified for UPSC Mains 2015 in 1st attempt State rank 24 in Punjab Civil Services 2015 Stood 10th at State Level in Young Genius Awards conducted by NSTSE
champi 31. Name of the journalist who whole-heartedly championed the cause of Indigo Movementwhole A. B. C. D. Sisir Kumar Ghosh Harish Chandra Mukherjee Barindra Ghosh Bipin Chandra Pal
Harish Chandra Mukherjee Used to write in 'Hindu Patriot'
32. Who among the following founded the Theosophical Society in India in 1879? A. B. C. D. Madame Blavatsky and Annie Besant Madame Blavatsky and HS Olcott HS Olcott and Annie Besant Madame Blavatsky and AO Hume
Madame Blavatsky and HS Olcott in NEW YORK
33. Consider the following regarding Madam Bhikaji Cama A. Madam Cama unfurled the National Flag at International B. Madam Cama served as private secretary to Dadabhai Naoroji Socialist Conference in Paris in 1907 C. Madam Cama was born to Parsi parents All of these; BC; AB; Only C
BC; Congress at STUTTGART , Germany
34. The following people became INC Presidents. Arrange them in chronological order A. Mahatma Gandhi B. Jawaharlal Nehru C. Vallabhbhai Patel D. Sarojini Naidu ABCD ACDB; ADBC; DCAB
ADBC A. B. C. D. Mahatma Gandhi- 1924- Belgaum Jawaharlal Nehru- 1929, 1930- Lahore Vallabhbhai Patel- 1931-Karachi Sarojini Naidu- 1925- Kanpur
35. Which among them is true? A. Gandhiji's salt satyagraha in 1930 was against the state B. American news magazine 'Time' covered the progress of C. Viceroy of India at the time of Salt satyagraha was Lord Ripon monopoly of the manufacture and sale of salt Gandhiji's walk to Dandi on the Salt satyagraha Gandhiji didn't complete the Dandi march D. ABC; Only D; Only B; AB
AB Lord Irwin
None of these This was agreed by Jinnah in his DELHI PROPOSALS, 1927 Also it was conditional-Only if sufficient reservation to Muslims in Central Leg Assembly, residual powers to provinces, etc.
38. Which Congress President negotiated with both Cripps Mission and Lord Wavell? A. B. C. D. Abul Kalam Azad Jawahar Lal Nehru JB Kriplani C Rajagopalachari
39. Consider the following regarding Wavell Plan The reconstruction of Executive Council of GG was proposed until a new Constitution was framed Equal representation of Muslims and upper caste Hindus were provided in Executive Council of GG Vetopower of GG was abolished A. B. C. A,B Only A; Only C All of th
A,B Veto powerwas given to League against the wishes of Congress
40. Which of the following observations about Congress ministries of 1937 is incorrect? They reduced their own salaries drastically They curbed the powers of police and released the political prisoners including a large number of revolutionary terrorists They introduced prohibition in certain areas They could not succeed much in controlling communal riots A. B. C. D.
They could not succeed much in controlling communal riots