Deepanshu Singh is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
2 2 McQ based on 19th November 2016 Current Affairs
ABOUTME . B.Tech. Comp. Se. (Htons.) from uPTu Lucknow NTSE and Debating Champion Appeared for CSE and Fos mains Interests: Music, Quizzing, Fitness Photography RATE REVIEW RECOMMEND Follow me HTTPS://UNACADEMY.N/USER/NS.DEEPANSHU .
PAUSE, ATTEMPT, AND SHARE YOUR SCORE WATCH TODAY'S HINDU SUMMARY BEFORE OR AFTER THEN, RESUME THE LESSON (WITHOUT FAIL) AS A COMMENT YOU NEED TO WORK HARD OKAYISH, NEED TO GRIND MORE GOING GOOD, ALMOST THERE VERY HIGH CHANCE OF SELECTION 1-3 4-5 6-7 8-+
1. Consider the following statements regarding INS Chennai which is scheduled to be commissioned into the Navy, 1) It is a Kolkata class guided missile destroyer. 2) It was builk by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. 3) It is the 3rd ship of this class to be commissioned. Select the correct code: a)1 and2 b)2 and a c)1 only d)1, 2 and 3
Solution: D Explanation o INS C hennai is among the largest destroyers constructed in India. The first ship of the class, INS Kolkeata , was commissioned on August 16, irst ship of the class, INS Kolkata , was commissioned on August 16, 2014 and INS Kochi, the second ship, was commissioned on September 30, 2015.
2. Consider the following statements regarding North Atlantic Treaty Organisation(NATO) 1) All the European Countries are members of this organisation. 2) Its Headquarters is in Brussels, Belgium 3) It was formed with the signing of the Washington Treaty (or North Ablantic Treaty). ikik ef thing isfare correct? Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: B Explanation: All European countries are not members of NATO. Presently it has 28 member countries, It was formed in 1949. o Russia's move to quit the International Criminal Court (ICC) o Russias move to quit the International Criminal Court s the outcome of the political undercurrents that have o Late strained its relations with the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
3. Which of the following is correct regarding a non-performing asset? a) It is any amount due to the bank under any credit facility that is nob paid on the due date fixed by the bank. b) It is a Loan where interest/instalment of principal remain overdue for a period of more than 9o days in respect of a term Loan c) It is an account where the outstanding balance remains continuously in excess of the sanctioned Limit/drausing power. d)None of the above.
Solution: B Explanation: The Supreme Court said that revealing the names of those who owe banks Rs 500 crore and more will not lead anyuwhere the important issue is to address how NPAs pile up.
4. Which of the following is correct regarding "205o patkusays platform" as seen in the news recently? a) It is an initiative by the Ministry of Railusays India to clean Indian railusay platforms. b) It is an initiative by the Ministry or Urban development to build/improve pathuways for walking along all the major roads in the large cities of India. c) The platform will s decarbonisation strategies, including through the sharing of resources (finance, capacity building), knowledge and experiences. c) The platform wil support countries seeking to develop long-term, dee d) It is the new programme Launched by The Ministry of Environment and Forests India, which improves the plantation of trees along major higkways.
6. Consider the following statements regarding the Soil Health Card Scheme, 1) It is promoted by the Department of Agriculture Co-operation under the Ministry of Agriculture Farmers Welfare. 2) The farmer will get a card every year for every crop 3) It for the farm. indicate fertilizer recommendations and soil amendments required Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 onL d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: A Explanation: o The International Conference on Brucellosis 2016 and the 69th meeting of the International Society on Brucellosis was inaugurated in New Delhi
Solution: C Explanation: The Ministry of AYUSH launched "Mission Madhumeha through Ayurveda" on the occasion of National Ayurveda Day The Mission Madhumeha was launched for the prevention and control of diabetics through ayurveda. auurveaa.
9. Consider the following statements regarding Rail Vikas Shvir Conference. 1) It is an annual Conference conducted by the Indian Railways, 2) Here only external speakers are sharing uwhat Railways should do 3) Its aim is to generate numerous innovative yet practical ideas across most critical areas of Railway Operations for substantial progress of this most critical areas of Railwoay Operations for s bstantial progress of this sector. Which of the following is/are correct? which of the follouwingt a) 1 and 3 b) 1 and2 c) 3 onL d) 1, 2 and 3