Deepanshu Singh is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
2 MCQ based on 1sth November 2016 Current Affairs
ABOUT ME B.Tech. Comp. Sc. (Hons.) from UPTU, Lucknow NTSE Zonal Topper ppeared for CSE and IFoS mains Interests: Music, singing, football & photography Contribute RATE, REVIEW & RECOMMEND Follow me https://unacademy.in/user/ns.deepanshu
8109 PAUSE, ATTEMPT, AND SHARE YOUR SCORE WATCH TODAY'S HINDU SUMMARY BEFORE OR AFTER THEN, RESUME THE LESSON (WITHOUT FAIL) AS A COMMENT YOU NEED TO WORK HARD OKAYISH, NEED TO GRIND MORE GOING GOOD, ALMOST THERE VERY HIGH CHANCE OF SELECTION 1-3 4-5 6-7 8+
1. Consider the following statements about National Investigation Agency(NIA), 1) It is an Executive body which operates under the Ministry of Home Affairs. 2) NIA was created after the 2oo8 Mumbai terror attacks as need for a central agency to combat terrorism was realise 3) NIA has its headquarters in Delhi along with 6 other Branch offices across the country d. Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and3 c) 1 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: B Explanation: o The Agency came into existence with the enactment of the National Investigation Agency Act zoog by the Parliament of India on 31 December 2008
2. India is a member of which among the following? 1)Missile Technology Control Regime(MTCR) tLC TO (HCOC). 3) The Wassenaar Arrangement. Select the correct answer using the code below: a) 1 and 3 b) 1 and2 c) 2 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: B Explanation: o India in 2016 has joined MTCR and HCoC
3. The term perigee-syzygy' as seen in the news is: 3. The term 'perigee-syzuqu' as seen in the news is: a) the name of a meteorite containing special metals b) a new drug that can combat diarrhoeal disease among infants. c) an inter-governmental agency to cater to medical emergencies in d) None of the above. war-ravaged countries
Solution:D Explanation: o A supermoon is the coincidence of a Full moon or a News moon with the closest approach the Moon makes to the Earth on its elliptical orbit, resulkting in the Largest apparent size of the Lunar elliptical orbit, resulting in the largest apparent size of the Lunar disk as seen from Earth. The technical name is the perigee- syzygy of the Earth-Moon-Sun system.
4, which among these following sectors allow 100% FDI in India, 1) Greenfield Airport projects under the automatic route sset Reconstruction Companies under the automatic route 3) Animal Husbandry under automatic route Select the correct using the code below: a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 only d) 1, 2 and 3
6. Which of the following is correct regarding the provisional World Meteorological Organisation(WMo) Statement on the Status of the Global Climate in 2016? 1) It is very Likely that 2016 will be the hottest year on record, with gLobal temperatures even higher than the record-breaking temperatures in 2015. 2) Annual average global carbon dioxide concentrations in 2015 reached 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time. 3) Prelimihary data shows that 2016's global temperatures are approximately 1.2 Celsius above pre-industrial levels. Select the correct code among the following: a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and3 c) 1 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: A Explanation: o Nohkalikai Falls is the tallest plunge waterfall in Indio, Located in Meghalaya. o A potential disaster is brewing for the famous Courtallam waterfalls: when tourists and others indulge themselves with an oil bath in the picturesque Location in southern Tamil Nadu, they send about s,ooo Litres of oil downstream every day
Solution: B Explanation RBI has asked banks to deploy micro-AT Ms near village panchayat offices, police stations and military outposts, government departments, offices of public sector units, petrol pumps and other similar secure locations.
9. Birsa Munda was an Indian tribal freedom fighter, and folk hero who belonged to the Munda tribe. He spearheaded an Indian tribal indigenous religious millenarian movement that rose in the tribal bell of which modern day state? a) Punjab b) Meghalaya c) harkhand d) Maharashtra