Deepanshu Singh is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
2 MCO based on 16th November 2016 Current Affairs
About Me . B.Tech. Comp. Sc. (Hons.) from UPTU, Lucknow NTSE and Debating Champiorn Appeared for CSE and IFoS mains . Interests: Music, Quizzing, Fitness & Photography RATE, REVIEW & RECOMMEND . Follow me https://unacademy.in/user/ns.deepanshu
109 PAUSE, ATTEMPT, AND SHARE YOUR SCORE WATCH TODAY'S HINDU SUMMARY BEFORE OR AFTER THEN, RESUME THE LESSON (WITHOUT FAIL) AS A COMMENT YOU NEED TO WORK HARD OKAYISH, NEED TO GRIND MORE GOING GOOD, ALMOST THERE VERY HIGH CHANCE OF SELECTION 1-3 4-5 6-7 8+
. Consider the following statements regarding Israel: 1) Mediterranean Sea touches the west coast 2) It opens into the Gulf of Aqaba 3) Dead Sea lies completely inside Israel 3) Dead Sea lies completely inside Israel Which among the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 2 b) 1 and3 c) 3 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: A Explanation o Dead Sea is bordered by Dordan to the east and Israel and Palestine to o Dead Sea is bordered by 3ordan bto the east and Israel and Palestine to the West.
2. Consider the following statements regarding World Trade Organisation(WTO): 1) The theme of the 2016 World Trade Report made by WrO is "Speeding up trade: benefits and challenges of implementing the WTO Trade facilitation ade: benefits and challenges of implementing the Agreement" 2) The 11th Ministerial Conference to take place in 2017 is going to held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. 3) The WTO began life on 1 Danuary 1995, succeeding the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade which had regulated world trade since 1948 Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: B Explanation: The theme for 2016 World Trade Report is "Levelling the o Le
3. Consider the following statements regarding Wholesale Price Index(WPI): 1) The Central Statistics Office(CSO) of the Ministry of statistics Programme Implementation releases this index 2) The Base year for calculation is 2004-05. 3) The major group of items by weight are Manufactured Goods. sich f te felewing wers cermat Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and3 c) 1 onluy d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: B Explanation: o office of Economic Advisor, Department of Industrial Policy Promotion is entrusted with the task of releasing this index. Manufactured goods weigh 64.97 %, Primary Articles weigh 20.12% and Fuel Power weigh 14.91%.
4. Which of the following is incorrect regarding the The Medical Termination of Preghancy Act, 1971? a) a preghancy may be terminated by a registered medical practitioner where 'the length of the pregnancy does not exceed twelve where the length of Ehe pregnancy does not exceed tuselve weeks if the child or the mother have a risk of Life or mental health. b) a pregnancy may be terminated where the length of the pregnanc exceeds twelve weeks but does not exceed twenty weeks, if not less Ehan two registered medical practitioners declare a risk to Life or mental health of child and mother. c) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Dammu and Kashmir. d) None of the above
6. Consider the following statements regarding Minimum Support Prices(MSP) in India: 1) The Commission for Agricultural Costs Prices (CACP) approves the MSP 2) MSP is recommended for 25 commodities. 3) Cost of production is the only input in determination of MSP Which of the follousing is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 2 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: C Explanation: o The sanctioned strength of the Supreme Court is 31 judges including the CoI, but the current strength is 25. o The discretion of the Government in appointing the COI was curtailed, at present the senior most judge of the Supreme Court should alone be appointed to the office of the Co
Solution: B Explanation o Harman International Industries, Incorporated is an American company that designs and engineers connected products for automakers, consumers and enterprises sorldwide, including connected car systems; audio and visual products, enterprise automation, and connected services products for autormakers, consumers and enterprises
9. Which among the following products received Geographical Indications in India during the year 2016-2017? 1) Kashmiri Hand Knotted Carpet(Dammu and Kashmir) 2) Parmigiano Reggiano (Ital 3) Banaras Metal Repouse Craft (Uttar Pradesh) Select the correct code: a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 onl d) 1, 2 and 3