Deepanshu Singh is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
2 MCQ based on 14th November 2016 Current Affairs
ABOUT ME B.Tech. Comp. Sc. (Hons.) from UPTU, Lucknow NTSE Zonal Topper ppeared for CSE and IFoS mains Interests: Music, singing, football & photography Contribute RATE, REVIEW & RECOMMEND Follow me https://unacademy.in/user/ns.deepanshu
1. conaider the folerwing tafements about sars dewonetisatiorn 1) This is the third time demonetisation of currency took place in India 2) Rs,1,00o is the maximum value of demonetised currency till nouw 3) First demonetisation of currency took place in 1946 Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: A Explanation: o First demonetisation took place in 1946, second in 1978 and 3rd in 2016. o In 1946, RBI demonetised Rs 1,ooo and Rs 1o,000 notes In 1978, RBI demonetised Rs 1,ooo , Rs 5,000 and Rs 10,000 notes.
2. Which of the following is correct regarding Mahamastakabhisheka? a) It is an important Dain festival held once every year in the town of Shravanabelagola in Karnataka, India. b) It is a wedding ritual performed usually in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. c) It is a buddhist ritual where fresh fruits and flowers are placed upon he altars in appreciation for the Buddha's teachings, and blessings bestowed by the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. d) None of the above
Solution: D Explanation: The Mahamastakabhisheka, the anointment of Gomateshwara statue at Shravanabelagola held once in 12 years, will be held between February 7 and 26 in 2018.
3. Consider the following statements regarding the proposed National Medical Commission(NMC) Bill 2016, 1) Entails the formation of a Medical Advisory Council and constitution of a National Medical Commission. 2) Ensures adequate supply of high quality Medical professionals at both Undergraduate and Post Graduate Levels. 3) This bill is attempting to restructure the Medical Council of India (MCI), established under the Indian Medical Council Act 1956. Which of the follouwing is/are correct? a) 1 and3 b) 2 and 3 c) 3 only d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: D oLution D Explanation: All of the statements are correct.
4. Consider the following pairs: 1) Mudumalai Tiger Reserve Kerala 2) Bori satpura Tiger Reserve: Madhya Pradesh 3) Kawal Tiger Reserve Telangana Which of the follouwing is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 onluy d) 1, 2 and 3
Solution: B Explanation: o Mudumalai Tiger Reserve is in Tamil Nadu. Recently, Tamil Nadu government is trying to regulate 'illegal' tourism by jeep drivers in the government is trying to regulate 'illegal tourism by jeep drivers in the tiger reserve
Solution: C Explanation: o US- based Westinghouse Electric Corporation will supply o U.S- based Westinghouse Electric Corporation will supply AP-1000 nuclear reactors to NPCIL for its prestigious project which is reportedly being used in the under-construction atomic power plants in vogtle and VC Summer. atomic pouwer plants in Vog le and vc summer.
. Consider the following regarding the current Nuclear deal with Dapan, the following regarding the current Nuclear deal with Japan, 1) India is the 2nd non-member of the non-proliferation treaty (NPT) to have signed such a deal with Japan. 2) This deal will allous US and French nuclear firms, which have alliances with apanese companies, to conduct nuclear commerce with India 3) India's entry in to the Nuclear Suppliers Group(NSG) has helped finalisecd this long pending deal. Which of the following is/are correct? a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 2 onluy d) 1, 2 and 3
9. Which of the following regarding "Colombo Declaration" is correct as seen in the news recently ? a) A high level meeting which aims in coordinating anti-drug trafficking efforts. b) A Intergovernmental meeting between India and Sri Lanka which aims in resolving the fishermen issue along the Gulf of Mannar. c) An agreement with China and Sri Lanka finalising the project document for construction of the Colombo Port City Project. d) None of the above.
Solution: A Explanation: o In recent days, UNODC and the Government of Sri Lanka co- hosted a meeting to address drug trafficking in the Indian Ocean Region. At the high-level meeting, Ministers and Government Representatives adopted the "Colombo Declaration,