The National Defence Academy is India’s primary military training facility. NDA training is a three-year program that trains young people for a career in the Indian Armed Forces. NDA provides thorough training that incorporates intellectual, physical, and military components.
Also check: NDA for Girls
NDA 3 Year Training Fees
The NDA academic year is divided into two terms. Beginning in January and running through May (July through December). Six of these terms are encountered by the Cadet. The training phase lasts three years. After enrolling in the course, candidates’ next concern is the NDA 3-Year Course Fees. The NDA training cost is made up of the following items:
- The government will cover the cost of NDA training, including lodging, books, uniforms, boarding, and medical treatment.
- Cadets’ parents or guardians will be expected to cover their own and other personal expenditures.
- Normally, these expenditures will not go over INR 3000/- per month.
- If the cadet’s parents or guardians are unable to fund all or part of the expenses, the government may provide financial support of INR 1000/- per month during the training term if the parent’s earnings fall below INR 21,000/- per month.
- Cadets whose parents’ or guardians’ monthly income exceeds INR 21,000/- will not be eligible for support.
- If more than one son/ward attends NDA, IMA, OTA, and similar training establishments in the Navy and Air Force at the same time, both will be entitled to financial aid.
NDA Training Eligibility Criteria
The following are the qualifying requirements for enrolling in NDA training:
- The NDA Exam is open to both men and women.
- The age restriction is between 16.5 and 19.5 years.
- Candidates must have taken or completed their 12th grade from a recognized board.
- Male and female applicants must be 157 cm and 152.5 cm tall, respectively.
- The minimum height requirement for the Pilot entrance is 162 cm.
- For applicants from a certain location, the height restrictions have been relaxed.
The National Defence Academy test is a stepping stone for those who want to serve in the Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force. It is a very prominent and challenging examination that assesses applicants’ physical, mental, and intellectual abilities. The NDA provides a thorough three-year training curriculum that provides cadets with the skills and information needed to become future military commanders.
Other Important Links: