Sign up now
to enroll in courses, follow best educators, interact with the community and track your progress.
Download
Lesson-32 Saubhagya scheme IAS PT-2018
653 plays

More
Lesson-32 IAS PT-2018 Saubhagya scheme

Rishi Jain
MBA,PGDFM Author of Bhavishya Arthik Patrika(for Civil Services), worked in SBI group for 7 years, teaching indian economy to UPSC student

Unacademy user
nice explanation mam
Simran Kapoor
10 months ago
Thankyou😊😊
  1. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bili Har Ghar Yojana-"Saubhagya"


  2. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana - 'Saubhagya' a new scheme was launched by the Hon'ble Prime Minister on 25th September 2017 VUnder Saubhagya free electricity connections to all households (both BPL and poor families) in rural areas and poor families in urban areas will be provided. There are around 4 Crore un-electrified households in the country and they are targeted for providing electricity connections by December 2018(In 2018-19 budget-4 crore till 2019) Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has been designated as its nodal agency for the Saubhagya scheme


  3. The prospective beneficiary households for free electricity connections under the scheme would be identified using SECC 2011 data. However, un-electrified households not covered under SECC data would also be provided electricity connections under the scheme on payment of Rs. 500 which shall be recovered by DISCOMs in 10 instalmentsthrough electricity bill.


  4. Agency Nature of support Quantum of support (%) Other than Special Category Special Category States States Govt of India Grant 60 85 Utility/State Contribution Own Fund 10 Loan (Fls/ Banks) Loan 30 10 Additional Grant from GOl on achievement of prescribed milestones Grant of of component(10%) .e5% Ioan 50% total loan 50% component(30%) i.e 15% total Maximum Grant by GOl (including additional grant on achievement of Grant prescribed milestones) 75% 90%


  5. All DISCOMs including Private Sector DISCOMs, State Power Departments and RE Cooperative Societies shall be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme in line with DDUGJY.


  6. Consider the following statement about Saubhagya scheme: 1. In 2018-19 budget, government has set target to provide free electricity to 4 crore by 2020. 2. Rural Electrification Corporation is the nodal agency for the saubhagya scheme. Which of the above statement is/are correct? a. Only 1 b. only 2 c. 1 and 2 d. Neither 1 nor 2