MCQ's Geography Class 8th NCERT Presented By: Avanish Utsav
About me B.Tech in ECE from AKTU Founder at TheToppersway.com Loves teaching, Blogging, poetry and Music Loves teaching. Blogging. poetry and Music Follow me on Unacademy at: https://unacademy.com/user/avanishutsav
1) Choose the incorrect statement about land distribution: The population distribution in the world is uneven Uneven distribution is due to varied characteristic The rugged topography steep slopes of the mountains, low-lying areas are densely populated Plains and the river valleys are densely populated because they offer suitable land for agriculture. a) b) c) d)
Ans: C The rugged topography steep slope of the mountains, low lying areas susceptible to water logging, desert areas are normally sparsely populated
2) Which of the following is not a method to conserve land resources: a) b) c) d) Land Reclamation Deforestation Checks on overgrazing Regulated use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers
Ans: C Deforestation leads to land degradation while Afforestation is used to conserve land resource.
3) Select the incorrect statement about landslides: a) Landslides are simply defined as the mass movement of rock, debris or earth down a slope In the plain areas also landslide have been a major and widely spread disaster Landslide often take place in a conjunction with earthquakes, flood and volcanoes A prolonged spell of rainfall can cause heavy landslide b) c) d)
Ans: B Landslides don't occur in plains while in hilly terrains landslides have been a major and widely spread natural disaster that often strikes life and property
4) The major factors of soil formation are: 1. Nature of parent rock 2. Climatic factors 3. Role of organic material 4. Topography Select the correct options a) 1 and 3 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 only d) All of the above
Ans: D All the options are the factor influencing soil formation.
Ans: C Self explanatory
Ans: D Self Explanatory
Ans: C Mulching helps to retain the soil moisture it don't keeps the soil dry
9) Regarding Shelter Belts: 1. These are used in coastal and dry region 2. These are rows of trees planted to check the wind movement to protect the soil cover. Select the correct options: a) 1 onlyy b) 2 only c) Both 1 and 2 d) Neither 1 nor 2
Ans: C Shelter belts are rows of trees planted in a row in coastal or dry regions to check the wind movement in order to protect the soil cover.
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication , Blogger and poetry lover, Teaching is my passion nothing else.